Hi guys,

I'm new around here, so be nice!

I've just decided at long last to unplug my old Boss GT-5 for good. I'm in the process of replacing it with higher quality individual effects.

This is my rig so far

PRS Swamp Ash Special->Rocktron Banshee Talkbox -> Damage Control Womanizer -> Boss PW-10 V-wah -> Mesa Rectoverb

The boss wah is on the list to be sold...any suggestions for a better replacement?

Also, I have a dunlop univibe on the way (single switch) for chorus duties...

So, my shopping list consists of:

Wah, compressor, delay, octave, A/B switcher, another Overdrive or distortion, Noise suppressor, Whammy, fuzz, EQ

I think that should do it...

Here's where you guys come in...

I would like some help with which ones to buy, reasonable budget for each pedal. Not fussed about going for a boutique pedal if it's worth it. I'd like true bypass and analogue as much as possible...

Also, what would a good signal path be? I'd like to have a clean and dirty effects chain that's switchable with the A/B box. Previously I used to just run the GT-5 straight in the front of the amp... which effects should be in my effects loop?

Thanks guys!

James
I'm no expert but as noone else seems to have replied yet I thought i'd be polite!

Generally I have no clue but i'd say BOSS pedals are generally good.. hope someone else replies for you, I enjoy reading random threads and learning more about pedals

David
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Generally, you want to put distortion and wah between teh guitar and the amp and everything else through the effects loop.

I am a multi-effects guy so I will stay out of the pedal debate.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Mesa 412 slant cab
Monster Power Pro 2500 Power Conditioner
TC Electronic G-Force
SKG Rack Case
Yamaha acoustic
Wah- vox V847
compressor- MXR dynacomp
delay- boss dd-3
octave- dunno.
A/B switcher- morley or build your own
another Overdrive or distortion- DOD 250, and then mod it
Noise suppressor- probably boss
Whammy- digitech whammy is the only one worth it
fuzz- build your own?
EQ- fish 'n' chips
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!