i feel most comfortable posting a patti smith thread here.
she`s not punk.she`s not classic rock. she`s classy,i`d say..
sooo,anyone who likes patti--raise the queen.

and tab out more songz--there are only 14 patti smith tabs on UG.
shame.
I've wanted to obtain a record of hers for a while. Where would be the best place to start?
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
^ 'Horses', quite a classic album.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I love Patti Smith. Her band is solid and she is an a great lyricist. She's not punk, but she definitely influenced it.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
She is amazing. Did anyone see her perform Gimme Shelter and Soul Kitchen on Later With Jools Holland one of the best performances that I've seen on the show and she closed it with Gloria! God I miss that show, hope it starts up again soon.

Anyway, Horses changed my life.
Then they'll take you to Cloughprior and shove you in the ground
But you'll stick your head back out and shout "we'll have another round"!
Quote by Doolittle
yeah Horses, i don't have it but i've heard it's her best

ignore this comment.
I got it awhile back and it is amazing. Like everyone says, amazing lyrics. Very inspiring

Awesome, glad to see another new fan. A real shame she never really surpassed Horses, but plenty of the stuff she's done is worth looking out for.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
My dad has a new cd of hers and he bums it hard, we heard her perform on Jools Holland a few weeks ago or so.

I tried to explain to him she was part of the sort of punk movement in the 1970s but he wouldn't really listen, and he didn't seem interested to see any of the footage. Weird. He is obsessed with the songs covered as well so I gave him a Nirvana cd to listen to (not a fan myself as such) and I think he liked it because it was covered by Patti Smith.

It's weird how particular with music some people are.
Definitely get Horses.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by Caustic
Awesome, glad to see another new fan. A real shame she never really surpassed Horses, but plenty of the stuff she's done is worth looking out for.

yeah, i've been looking to get her second album on vinyl at a local record store but i've lazy. Is it good by any chance?

But one thing i do love about Smith's lyrics is the power to them and the influence of some of my favorite authors, Burroughs, Ginsberg, Kerouac etc etc

I've only heard "Because the Night" and a few of the wierd-ass covers on her latest

I should buy Horses, I think I will
Wow, got 'Horses' a while ago but didn't listen to it until yesterday (don't ask me why). Amazing record. It instantly appealed to me. I rarely listen to bands with female vocalist because... well, there aren't a lot of them, but it's really good to get some variation. 'Kimberly' is probably my favourite track as of now. And Like Doolittle said, she is an amazing lyricist with influences from Kerouac, Ginsberg and all the rest. Terrific album.
Quote by Doolittle
mhmm I also love how she loves Rimbaud, one of my all time favorite poetz!

I've never read any Rimbaud. I think he was friends (or lover, whichever) with Paul Verlaine, whom Tom Verlaine (obviously) named himself after, ad I love Tom's lyrics, so guesses are Rimbaud was a good writer. Far-fetched enough for ya?

"On topic", though, I've never really read a lot of poetry at all. I'd love to, but I don't really have time. Teachers are so mean, they steal all my spare time.
my ex girlfriends mom love this women so much

i've never heard here my self but my friends her dad just gave her horse
so im going to listen to it next time i hang out with her
because i've been intersted to hear