Do yall like them. i just decided to download some of there music a few days ago and fell in love with them. i think they sound like a mix of COB and Killswitch engage. Can somone tell me what genre youd classify them as.
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
In Flames are melodic death metal (it's official check the metal recomendation thread). if you like that style take a look at arch enemy

and yes their pretty damn good i really like "land of confusion" and "cloud connected" in fact i was listening to In Flames on my I pod when i was walking into Uni this morning
Last edited by sillybuuger12 at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by sillybuuger12
In Flames are melodic death metal (it's official check the metal recomendation thread). if you like that style take a look at arch enemy

and yes their pretty damn good i really like "land of confusion" and "cloud connected" in fact i was listening to In Flames on my I pod when i was walking into Uni this morning

Cloud Connected is on their new album, which is metalcore.

They're okay for thew occassional listen, I own Clayman which is half decent.
metuhl
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by Craigo

\Get "Jester Race" and "Whoracle" for the best stuff. Half a page and neither of these albums have been meantioned yet! The shame! I would say this belongs in metal, I expect it is already heaving with "I LuV da Nu Abumz!!!" threads.
theres a song off the new one that sounds a bit evanescene-like, with some female vocals. its alright, little bit boring. thats about all i know from that album. i havent heard much of the older stuff for a long time either.
yeah cloud connected is the shit.
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
Quote by Craigo

New album, as in 2001? Also, Reroute To Remain is NOT metalcore. Nothing In Flames has released is metalcore, their new stuff is industrial influenced though.

Whoracle's a kickass album, but yeah, metal forum.
Quote by Craigo

CC is on Reroute to Remain (2002 album). None of their albums are metalcore. There's probably an IF thread floating around the metal forum (where it should be). Damn good stuff though, prefer their older stuff, but the newer ain't bad.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

take this life is one of the best songs ive downloaded recently i think its the shit but yeah melodeath take it to th eMETALLLLL forum
Dial 595-Escape.
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by Craigo

actually cloud connected is on an album that came out like 5 years ago, and their new album isnt metalcore
Oh dear... you know the world's gone upside-down when people actually agree with In Flames being put in the hardcore forum....

The reason they sound like Killswitch and CoB is because Killswitch and CoB have been ripping them off for years, since they basically invented melodic death metal, along with At The Gates, Dismember, and Carcass.

Their material is pretty uneven, but I like most of it. Clayman
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I love everything In Flames have done, but you have to admit the last 3 albums, particularly Reroute To Remain and Soundtrack To Your Escape fit better in the Metalcore category than the Metal, certainly Everything Pre-RTR is Melodic Death Metal, but there's alot less in the way of melody and more in the way of metalcore in recent years.

Come Clarity is like everyone pretty much agrees, a mid point between the new and the old.

Also I read an interview with Jesper Stromblad where he said he loves Killswitch Engage and listening to them inspires him to write songs. Not that they influence them directly, but they make him want to write.
I will say this like so many say it, In Flames is melodic death metal with industrial influence. NOT metalcore, deathcore or even friggin hardcore.

Now since you brought up the band and I'm too lazy to press search in the metal forum (shame on me). I like them. I love their older stuff the most, but some of the new stuff is good. I loved Soundtrack To Your Escape, which definetely wasn't metalcore, way too much techno-esque things and too many actual riffs that aren't the same palm mute on off stuff that generic metalcore band abuses.
Quote by dann_blood
Stars are Blind - Paris Hilton. I heard that and set me off on a destructive rampage for weeks.

Quote by FearTheD
i want him to ride his magical roll of USPS stickers to Valhalla
Quote by universal_man
In Flames is one of great band out there...but i think they are death metal

come clarity is sick. you can't mess those 6505's...that distortion is insane. great band, great live. i got to meet the two guitarists when they were in pittsburgh.
There are some very silly people in this thread.

Anyway, In Flames were my first metal band, and still one of my favourites. Jester Race and Colony tie for my favourite, but Reroute To Remain, and Soundtrack To Your Escape (apart from The Quiet Place) are a bit rubbish.

Come Clarity is a definite step in the right direction, there are some great songs on it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I felt like i needed to try something new, so I got The Jester Race (thank you rec thread) and i love it. Superb album, I've started listening to it nearly every day.

Just a quick note, isn't there already an In Flames thread here? I thought i saw one a while ago. Ah well.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
There's already a thread on it. *reported*

and to sum it up:

Clayman down: awesome
R2R to Come Clarity: alright