Anyone have any info on Fullerton guitar company, or what company they are a part of? I need to find out if they use fender pickups in their Stratocopy guitar. I'm trying to add a Single Coil to two seymour duncans in my Ibanez GRX20, and I need to know if Ill have to switch the black and red wires on the Single Coil I got from the old Fullerton Guitar.

Google hasnt helped at all, so dont bother trying it.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'
Oh, I was wondering, what position is the single coil from?

EDIT: Hopefully, it's the middle, so you can get the right hum-cancelling in positions two and four.
I'd personally go with the red wire as the hot, considering a lot of pickup people use black for the ground.
Shouldn't be too bad, if you have to mess with it a couple of times, honestly. Your control cavity if on the back. Imagine how lame it is whenever I mess things up on a Strat.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Mar 5, 2007,
Middle
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'
I saw.

Trust me, I can imagine working on a strat, not only is the fullerton a strat copy, but my Ibanez's control cavity is on the front. Dont help that Ibanez used pretty short wires when wiring this. It's hard as hell to solder the right parts when the wires are pullin the pot and selector in every way...
Quote by HomerHitter
Last edited by Black as Black at Mar 5, 2007,
Also, I compared the wiring from seymour and my original, and you were right, it is almost the same. I was already planning on using the red as the hot anyways. It was the hot in its original guitar, so I just kinda guessed it would be the same. Now when I get home from school today I actually have a chance at getting this thing done.

Do you think this adding a single coil thing was worth my time and effort? I'm starting to think otherwise... This thing better sound beautiful on the clean channel after all this...
Quote by HomerHitter
Oooh. I was looking at a black model, couldn't see that it was on the front, my bad.
Here's my tip on that:
When I work on my Strat, I tune down about a step, and put a capo on the highest fret it can fit on, and strap it down. From here, you can either take off the bridge, I don't know how that works with a two-point, or you can unbolt the neck. This saves your strings, and makes it fatser, I think, to do work to the guitar.

EDIT: I think the single coil is a great option to add. More tonal variety. I love SCs.
hmm... Never thought of taking the neck off. Nice Idea, ill use it next time I do somethin like this. I think the SC probably is a good idea. I just wish I had known everything about the wiring beforehand, save a lot of time. I've listened to some of Ibanez's very own H-S-H guitars, and I was impressed. I just hope the SC that I took from the Fullerton is good. I got that guitar for 80 bucks at a pawn shop, but it always sounded great.
Quote by HomerHitter
yea, I dont have a capo. I'll just buy one from the local guitar shop. I needed one anyways. How much does a decent one cost?
Quote by HomerHitter
Also, I think a proper thanking may be in line. It seems that every time a problem arises or I have a question, Either you or Will show up to help me out. Its really quite nice, so Thanks Lots
Quote by HomerHitter
Haha. No problem. The GBC forum is pretty slow these days, so someone's gotta help out.
Plus there are all these noobs just giving out incredibly bad advice...

A capo would run up probably 10-20 bucks. Check out a Kyser one, those are great ones. Or Planet Waves, for one a bit pricier. Just don't get a cheap one that just kind wraps using elastic or something. It has uneven string pressure.
I see. Ill pick that up when my order of a 5 way PU selector comes in at the guitar shop tommorow. (I bought the extra 5-way in case I ever feel like buying a new SC to put in the Strat copy.)

C ya later today, My library mod i just about over.
Quote by HomerHitter
Last edited by Black as Black at Mar 5, 2007,
I finished it up yesterday. I tried it out and at first, I got nothing. It scared the living shit out of me, because I thought I had screwed something up. Turns out one of the wires came loose. I soldered that puppy back up, and it worked. It worked beatifully too. I restringed it today, I had some of the best cleans since my original strat, not to mention the sick Metal I got out of the single and my Duncan custom together. It's like the SC just soaked up the ceramic magnets harshness, and replaced it with Jesus. It's that nice.

Thanks for the help getting the thing to work, I'd prob still be sitting around wondering what the hell I'll do next If it wasnt for your help.

Quote by HomerHitter
Pics? sure, give me a minute. I'll edit them in once I havem. And I'm not sure I'm ready to open her back up yet. That might be a good future project though.
Attachments:
New Guitar.jpg
Old Guitar.jpg
Quote by HomerHitter
Last edited by Black as Black at Mar 7, 2007,