Page 1 of 2
This a great band in the vein of Agalloch.

http://www.myspace.com/fallsofrauros

I have the full length. Its absolutely GREAT.... not there yet when it comes to perfectness like Agalloch - Pale folklore, but almost.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Well I adore Agalloch to death, so anything similar I'll probably love. Just listening right now, sounds pretty sweet, there really isn't enough of this kinda stuff out there IMO, I'd love to get my hands on some of their stuff.
A black metal band from Maine! Wow, I always wonder why not many BM bands come from there. Maine is actually alot like Scandinavia.
Great find!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by laffyjam
A black metal band from Maine! Wow, I always wonder why not many BM bands come from there. Maine is actually alot like Scandinavia.

Haha, I guess compared to the rest of the USA, yes. But I did find it cool that they're from there, surprising that there aren't more good BM influenced bands from the north of the USA.

Does anyone know anywhere where I could download or get a hold of their albums or something? (PM me if you have to) That would be much appreciated.
Yeah, you showed me them before.... how's the split with them going?

In any case, they pwn, I need to check them and associated bands properly.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by BrofUJu
Haha, I guess compared to the rest of the USA, yes. But I did find it cool that they're from there, surprising that there aren't more good BM influenced bands from the north of the USA.

Does anyone know anywhere where I could download or get a hold of their albums or something? (PM me if you have to) That would be much appreciated.

I think the only way to get their cd is by contacting the band. They're a great band, have known them for a quite a while now but still haven't got around to actually ordering their full length yet.
for those that don't know, my band Gurtholfinn may do a split with these guys, which would be VERY cool.

right now its kinda a lets see where this is going, are we compatible, ect. Its a 40/60 percent chance it could happen. The guy i've been chatting with is cool, surprisingly he said his favorite band was The Meads of Asphodel, which is also one of my favorites.

they have a new demo in production, which should be out soon. My band also has a demo which will be out really soon, that will be filled with acoustic guitars and metal. Should be good. I'll post about it when it gets done.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Quote by InfiniteSadness
I think the only way to get their cd is by contacting the band. They're a great band, have known them for a quite a while now but still haven't got around to actually ordering their full length yet.

sorry for the double post, but i can't figure out why it keeps locking up when i try to edit posts with quotes.

you can buy the cd here: http://www.ohsnaprecords.com/

i also forgot to mention projected release date for split is January 2008.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Wow tarem, that'd be a great spilt. Hope it works out and you guys release it soon.
This band is amazing, thanks for posting this. They have some beautiful guitar melodies.
really good stuff, thx bra
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

I got the full length uploaded so if anyone wants it PM me.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522998&highlight=Falls+Rauros

Aye, these guys are great, and they live in the next town over from me. If you do end up doing that split, I'll be totally up for a copy.

Quote by laffyjam

Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Epic bump.

This is great stuff. I thought the production/vocals were annoying at first, but I find it's actually pretty good. It's great to see stuff like this coming from America.
Pretty sure this band is done...I think one of the band members moved away from here. Oh well.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I listened to Into The Archaic this morning, thought it blew, listened to it again a couple of hours ago, thought it was good, and now I'm listening to it again and I'm blown away.

Next up: their latest demo.
Lol @ LOTR reference. But, a very good band indeed, I really like the vocals actually, sounds like he's screaming through fog in an open field.
Oh man, these guys have a new album out. I had no idea. I'll be getting my hands on this very quickly, if the myspace song is any indication of the album itself. Damn, it's good. Again, I'm very happy that these guys hail from the US.
Good band. Contrary to my previous post in this thread ages ago, the vocals don't bother anymore. What does bother me, however, is the complete and utter lack of any kind of bass instrument. They need to get a bass player to fill out their sound more.
It may just be the production, but it sounds like they have added bass. Unless my ears are just crap at the moment. Either way, the production is incredibly better than their previous stuff, which I'm thankful for.
What a coincidence...I just listened to 'Of Stone And The Stars In The Sky' today! The Fire We Fathered is one of my favorite folk/black songs.

I would agree with Scourge about a bass needing to be added on that demo.

This is the first i've heard about the new album, and what a shame, since it was released last month. I will get my proverbial hands on this ASAP, and if the production really has improved that much, it should be one of my favs for this year.
I listened to the myspace again, and yes, there is bass, and the production has indeed increased. The Fire We Fathered is already stuck in my head. I'll be downloading this shortly, and buying it if it meets my expectations, which I fervently hope it will.
This is good stuff, especially if you're in the mood (just like Agalloch)
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
The new album is great. Not quite as good as I expected it to be, but still great nonetheless. It seems to be more atmospheric oriented than the debut, and I have to say it succeeds at being so quite nicely. The production is just amazing, it sounds incredibly organic and, well, nature-y, something you don't see very often in a lot of rawer records - especially ones that are self-recorded.

I'll admit, this album had to grow on me for a bit - which is a good thing, since most "growers" turn out to be the better albums. This will probably be in my top ten albums for the year. Again, it's heartwarming to see such great folk metal come from America, and these guys have a lot of potential to be something phenomenal if they keep it up.
i agree about the production, especially the drums, they have that really natural "I Am the Wooden Doors" feel
This band is spectacular. Broadsword recommended the new album to me, and this seems like the best 8 dollar investment I've made in months.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

^Agreed.

Into the Archaic is one of my favorite albums of all time. I still have to get Hail Wind and Hewn Oak .
Quote by Kusabi
^Agreed.

Into the Archaic is one of my favorite albums of all time. I still have to get Hail Wind and Hewn Oak .

*sigh*

fix this...
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by Kusabi
Ordering as we speak

Hopefully you're ordering from ebay, it's extremely cheap there.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Hail Wind and Hewn Oak was somewhere in my top 10 albums of 2008. Can't remember where exactly.

It's a damn good album.
Indeed, I ranked it at number four for 2008, and I would not hesitate at putting it in my top five folk metal albums. I'm glad more people here are getting into them, and I hope they continue to release material, because they are certainly heading in the right direction.
Haha, the 'la-la-la' part toward the end of To Witness Existence as a Subservient Entity (on Into the Archaic) brought a smile.

Page 1 of 2