Hi guys

just wanted to know your thoughts/sugestions

my band has been struggling for about nearly a year to get a guitarist as the one we did eventually click with went to university so we were left guitarless again!!

we have now decided that me (singer) will just continue with me playing the guitar and everyone sorta mixing up the vocals!

i can play guitar not very well i am taking lessons and i know the minor pentatonic scale (all positions) barre chords and some major scale etc and my rhytmm is good and we just enjoy playing music to be honest so i wondered if anyone had any words of wisdonm (that isint find a singer or guitrist ) which will help me in improving my technique or just the all round band performance and the songs we write together!

anything would be appreciated really!

thanks
wow sum1 looking for a guitarist! Most bands are beating off guitarists with a stick (in the non sexual sense).

As with guitar playing, the most important thing when ure learning is to get good technique in built from the start. So constantly make sure you thumb is on the back of the neck in the middle and all four fingers are spread evenly accross the frets. Get stuck into those chromatic excercises!
Quote by Atreideslegend
wow sum1 looking for a guitarist! Most bands are beating off guitarists with a stick (in the non sexual sense).

As with guitar playing, the most important thing when ure learning is to get good technique in built from the start. So constantly make sure you thumb is on the back of the neck in the middle and all four fingers are spread evenly accross the frets. Get stuck into those chromatic excercises!

ha! i know it sounds stupid but it is true but i am excited at the thought of playing myself it will be great!!

my teatcher is a big believer in chromatic excersies so i am always in what he calls the finger gym i was practising hammer on's/pull off's etc with him and my fingers were bleeding it was great as i knew i was making progress and that the callouses were growing lol!
Quote by K5000
ha! i know it sounds stupid but it is true but i am excited at the thought of playing myself it will be great!!

my teatcher is a big believer in chromatic excersies so i am always in what he calls the finger gym i was practising hammer on's/pull off's etc with him and my fingers were bleeding it was great as i knew i was making progress and that the callouses were growing lol!

thats great! its always nice to see progress, one last piece of advice, never shy away from a piece because it looks too hard. It may take you 3 years to learn it, but the techniques u learn whilst doing it will benefit you massively early on.

Make sure you play everything ALOT slower than u think you need to to start with and....o yeah BUY A METRONOME

Good luck dude.