Can anyone tell me what metalcore is? I was readin an article on avenged sevenfold and it said that theyre no longer metalcore or something like that. Theres so many bullcrap genres these days that i can barely tell one band from the next. Thoughts anyone?
Metalcore is a sub-genre of metal that takes great influence from hardcore music (Refused etc), and combines tendencies from metal (mostly death and thrash, normally the more melodic sorts) and hardcore elements, such as the screamed vocal style, and 'breakdowns' (where a simple drumbeat is used to bring out a catchy rhythm on guitar/bass).

Avenged Sevenfold were metalcore, but aren't anymore, because most of the hardcore elements they had have gone from their music. Essentially they're now a hard rock band, with some metal solos and harmonies.

You probably posted this in the wrong forum, but I can't really think where else this would go without people telling you the same, so there's your answer.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
well there's metal, heavy metal, hair metal, thrash metal, NWOBHM, Death Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal, Power Metal, Symphonic Metal, Metalcore, Nu-Metal, the list is endless, we should all just listen to the music we want to listen to and tryto stop generalising, there is metal, rock, blues, jazz and punk and folk as the main guitar generes, but most subdivisions dont really exist or are a fashion thing
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
Doom alone has a lot of conflicting sub-genres: traditional doom, funeral doom, drone doom, stoner doom, black doom, death doom, epic doom, sludge doom, etc.