I'm looking to upgrade my cab to a mesa 4x12 or 2 2x12's. Anyone got anything to say in favour of either option?
I'd go for the 2 2x12's.

You can set a 2x12 either side of the stage when performing giving it a more surround ability.
You could use just 1 2x12 when messing around in your house or something to with a police call because of the neighbours to.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
If the price difference isn't overwhelming, I'd go with the 2 2x12's. You could leave one at home, and one where you practice with a band, and only have to carry your head around with you. Most of the time, a single 2x12 will be more than enough, but you'll have the extra speakers when you need them.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
If the price difference isn't overwhelming, I'd go with the 2 2x12's. You could leave one at home, and one where you practice with a band, and only have to carry your head around with you. Most of the time, a single 2x12 will be more than enough, but you'll have the extra speakers when you need them.

+1
I'll look into getting 2 2x12's I think. When there stacked with the head on top, it'll not sound any different from a 4x12 ? will it ?
Quote by jonnyguitarman
I'll look into getting 2 2x12's I think. When there stacked with the head on top, it'll not sound any different from a 4x12 ? will it ?

If it sounds any different at all, the sound difference will be a positive. Should be fuller sounding, especially if you go with the oversized Mesa cabs. And stacked on top of each other, the perceived volume will be louder, because the speakers are now closer to the level of your ear.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Also, an important thing no one's touched on yet:

It's easier to move 2 2x12s than a 4x12
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD