Alright so i'm finally getting around to buying a wah-wah (mainly cause 2 songs on our bands lineup for the next gig have solos with wah) So basically i'm wondering, what wah should I get?

I want a very all rounding one. And I realise its generally a choice between jim dunlop and vox.

Preferably it should be true bypass and not cost too much (absolute max of £100)

By the way the two songs are: Enter Sandman and Sweet Child O' Mine.

Cheers.
I really like my Vox V847, but it's a bit more vintage-y. Hendrix, Clapton, that sort of stuff. If you like that, I'd say go for it.
It needs to be all rounding, possibly tilted in the modern direction but I may get a more vintage one.

At the moment i'm looking at the Vox V847 and the Dunlop 535 (however I haven't found one in the UK yet)
i agree with the vox. but it cant to sandman. it cant do metal. it doesnt sound too good..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

try the bad horsie 2 contour wah, really a versatile choice. Lets you change the frequency to lean it in the vintage or modern direction. You literally get the best of both worlds in one wah.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Damn I was almost decided on the vox, its not gonna pull off enter sandman?
The Dunlop 535Q should be more toward what you are after. It's unbelievably versatile, it has a 6-position knob and an additional fine tuner to adjust the sweep. There's also the boost and volume control. I've been using a 535Q for about 4 years, wouldn't replace it with anything other than the Dunlop rackmount unit. I've owned several other wahs before it - Vox, Boss, Morley, Ibanez, and other Dunlop models.
Quote by sofubar
Damn I was almost decided on the vox, its not gonna pull off enter sandman?

you decide.. click my sig and play sandman (new)..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
you decide.. click my sig and play sandman (new)..

I think that would probably be fine.

But, I have discovered the V847 is not true bypass unlike the V848.

Whats the tone sucking like? Bad enough to be worth the extra whatever it is for a V848 (which I can't seem to find for sale online in the UK anyway).

Should I really spend my hard earned dosh on a V847? What about the many dunlops eh?
vox decided to update the v847 with true bypass and an ac jack
its supposed to be out in april

about the tone sucking...mine drains quite a lot of treble when its not on...im gonna mod it for true bypass though
its not that hard to do

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by sofubar

I want a very all rounding one. And I realise its generally a choice between jim dunlop and vox.

Preferably it should be true bypass and not cost too much (absolute max of £100)

juging by ur songs id go 4 a steve vai bad horsie pedal its gd
Budda...... more for rock though. True Bypass and rock solid. Last 3 bands I've seen in town use one. Mine has been a warrior for me.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus