From what I have heard, this amp is quite good. From reviews I have seen that it is exactly what the manufactures say. However, I just need to ask a few things before I consider purchasing. Is this amp suitable for blues, rock, classic rock and genres similar? Also, with it being a small amp and 7-15 watt, can this still be used well at small gigs? So I don't have to splash out alot more money, would this amp work with a home made cab? If, so does anybody reccomend speakers that work well with it?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Quote by Lordoflax
Is this amp suitable for blues, rock, classic rock and genres similar?

That's exactly what it's made for.

15W is probably the lower limit for small gigs, but you can get there with this amp. Plus, you can always mic it.

Orange cabs are generally 16 ohm, closed back cabs with Celestion V30's. If you're making your own, I'd try to emulate theirs as best as you can.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The only reason I want to make my own is because of the price of the cabs? I'm not sure off my head but how much are the 2 x12 cabs?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Ouch, would I be able to get the same quality if I made my own? Obviously not exactly but still a decent tone? I have been thinking about this amp, will it last me a long time? Or will I be changing my mind in a few years? Whats your views?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I think the Tiny Terror is an amazing amp, I was shocked when I tried the Tiny Terror, good cleans, GREAT OD, very dark and crunchy and thick.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Despite the tone, will it be loud enough for me to want to use it for a long time? With a 2x12 cab, will this easily cope with small venues?

I think i'll go to sound control and try theirs out.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I tried it in Sound Control, with an Orange 2x12 cab, sounded orgasmic, it got a bit noisy with the gain high, but the sound quality was so good, it made the Strat I was playing sound really thick.

And volume wasn't really an issue, I knew it'd get a lot louder than I had it on (around half or a bit less) so it'd handle a band practice etc.
Don't be afraid to care"

from what ive heard they would be perfect for what you want ask on the 'orange amp ownders UNITE' thread because a few people have them on there.
You are in EXACTLY the same position as me. As soon as I heard dark and thick tone I went for it because I really like QOTSA's tone which is, dark and thick and I play blues/rock to hard rock.
I'm one step ahead though: I've bought mine already.
I've yet to build my cab though, also doing a 2x12 16ohm but I've yet to find out what speakers to put.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Last edited by philjay at Mar 5, 2007,
So it sounds like it will be suitable for band practice but with a 2x12 cab will it be suitable for small venues?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Yeah it will be, its alot louder than you think, and Orange rates their wattage differently, its on the website.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Quote by VRGNR08
Yeah it will be, its alot louder than you think, and Orange rates their wattage differently, its on the website.

Yes, I read that it rated in a british rating. I'm pretty happy with what I hear about it aslong as I can get some volume out of it when its needed.

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

It's plenty loud for small gigs I think. I played one through a 2x12 and 4x12 and it was killer. I want one for just a practice amp but I don't think I can justify spending another $1000 on another amp.

It will be perfect for th genres you listed and it's built really solid so it will last a long time and hold it's value pretty well.
I think i will definately go to a dealer and test it. Just a quick question, does anybody have an links to some clips?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

philjay , what cab do you run your TT through?

EDIT: sorry didn't realise you havn't got it yet.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

So ive been listening to the clips now, and they all sound great. But im quite concerned about my homemade cab, not giving it enough to make the amp sound as good as it can get.

Anyway, if anybody TT users look at this thread could you please do a review of the product?

What guitar you use with it
What cab you use
Where you have used it
Overall opinion

That would be really great if you could.

Thanks.

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Yeah, they're rated 15 watts clean, Class A.

Which is to say it's a lot louder than you'd expect.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
That amp is perfect for you.

It can do gigs for you and it suits your music.
Sent from my iPad.
Orange rate their amps on the clean channel in general, so the dirty is probably closer to 20-25 watt range so it'll be able to handle gigging. You can always mic it up too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
^He's telling the truth.

Here's how I saw the Tiny terror when I played it. It sounded very dark and very thick and crunchy (same as all orange tube amps ). It was definatley loud too, you don't even need to worry about that (unless if you're playing a 1,000-10,000 people gig .

Very good amp, you get what you pay for and honestly, this thing is so cheap, it's almost a steal! I say go for it. Similar to all oranges, they can nail classic rock and hard rock quite...actually no, VERY well.

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I think i'll be having a look at one definately. My only problem is getting a cab, now I could go about making my own, however, I'm guessing I probably wouldn't get the best cab out of it. If I was looking for a decent but fairly cheap cab, what price would I be looking at?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Sorry for the double post.

Does anybody know a decent guitar cab that is cheap? Or should I risk it and make my own?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

You could make your own for cheaper, and buy a good speaker aswell.

Or you could get something like the Orange 1x12 cab.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
You could make your own for cheaper, and buy a good speaker aswell.

Or you could get something like the Orange 1x12 cab.

I want to make a 2x12 if I can get decent but cheap speakers, i will make it, otherwise I might aswell get a cab.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I was looking around on ebay for speakers and there was some speakers for around £30 each, would these be any good. They were celestion btw.

I may have around £100 for a cab. would I be able to get a 2x12 for this much?

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

You're not gonna be able to buy a 2x12 for £100. Might be able to make one on the cheap. But I'd just make a 1x12, it'd be easier and you could get a better speaker. Might not be as loud, but it'd sound better.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by SamDking
You're not gonna be able to buy a 2x12 for £100. Might be able to make one on the cheap. But I'd just make a 1x12, it'd be easier and you could get a better speaker. Might not be as loud, but it'd sound better.

But would that cab be loud enough for small venues?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Would a used but conditioned cab be useful? If so, what cab?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Isn't there anyway you could save up some extra money? Do you work? Birthday coming up? Good at washing cars/cutting grass, etc.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by SamDking
Isn't there anyway you could save up some extra money? Do you work? Birthday coming up? Good at washing cars/cutting grass, etc.

Pmsl! i'm looking for a part time job yes. The money from my birthday in less than a month will be funding the majority of the amp. I might actually have a look at this little music shop near me, it is a second hand shop but a music shop as well so they have brand new stuff as well, ive bought things from them before and ive seen alot of amps and cabs there so i'll go tommorow.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

A 1x12 will be loud enough for small venues. Folks gig with the Blues Jr. combo. You'll be fine. If your budget's really tight, you could try going for the homemade 1x12 now, and then saving up for a better quality 2x12 down the road.

Orange cabs are generally 16 ohm, closed back, with Celestion V30's. Those are 16 ohm speakers, so wiring one up for your head will be pretty straight forward. Look for them on eBay, perhaps, then close it up in some halfway decent wood.

Or you could definitely look used.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well I will consider making my own after looking at some used.

Do all cabs connect to the head via a jack?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

^ Yes, and make sure you use speaker wire and not a guitar cable.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Apart from the thread in the GB+C, do you know any other resources that could help me?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!