last night i was rockin out with the whammy bar on my fender american strat, when the bar just sorta snapped, i mean it broke at the level where you twist it into place, does anybody know a way to remove it, i really dont want to have to replace the bridge cus i havent got the money.

any constructive help much appreciated.

i hope that is a clear enough description, and i cant post pics because i have no camera.

"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Perhaps needle-nose pliars or tweezers would work? If not, you can always take it to your local guitar store. They've probably run into that problem on more than one occasion, and know how to get it out.
if you cant chase it out with a screwdriver they can bore it out.they will have to cut new threads but its better than getting a new bridge
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
This happened to me aswell, i unscrewed the back panel of my guitar to remove the fragments and then was able just to take the whammy bar off completely.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
so theres no part sticking out that you can twist?

its 1 or 2mm lower than flush, so that cnt really be done.

but the rest of you guys i can try re threading it.

i also tried taking the backplate off it but didnt know where to start on dismantling, and decided i shouldnt f*ck things up further.

really appreciate it guys, but im still open to more suggestions

Quote by CoreysMonster

im still confused that it broke...ive never heard that happening before. i think you should just take it in to someone.
ah, happened to me endless times before. get a screwdriver, screw into the middle of the bit thats stuck in. then, when the hole screwed in is bigger, screw it out. if its a pop-in trem arm, i dunno if it'll work, but its worth the try. hope this helps.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
ah, happened to me endless times before. get a screwdriver, screw into the middle of the bit thats stuck in. then, when the hole screwed in is bigger, screw it out. if its a pop-in trem arm, i dunno if it'll work, but its worth the try. hope this helps.

- Faisal

do you mean actually turning it on the surface, or like a chiseling motion?

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by permanentmarker
do you mean actually turning it on the surface, or like a chiseling motion?

well chiseling would help, if your gonna screw it out with a normal screwdriver (not with the x) you could put the screwdriver in the hole, and push it in to make a hole, then screw it out too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
well chiseling would help, if your gonna screw it out with a normal screwdriver (not with the x) you could put the screwdriver in the hole, and push it in to make a hole, then screw it out too.

thanks

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by permanentmarker
thanks

no probs, just adds to my street cred
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life