What do people have to say about slide guitar. Not the genre but just slides in general?
Also, i want to practice slide , so what are some good songs to play?
If you get a slide get a glass one. They'll be people who disagree with me but I find metal slides to sound a bit too harsh.
Get the Joe Perry Boneyard slide from Dunlop, it's ****ing awesome. I never liked chrome, it's to high pitched and glass just sucks ass period.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
thats weird ive always found my chrome to sound warmer than glass. when ever i play glass it sounds too sharp. maybe it depends on whos playing.
Quote by play th' geetar
what about songs?
i know freebird has a long slide part but im not to that level yet?
anything?

you could always try some old delta blues stuff by people like robert johnson. eric clapton has some pretty easy slide songs like walkin' blues.
zz top uses a lot of slide like the solo in tush is a slide i have a chrome and it sounds good i took it to work and cut it in half works much better that way ( for me )
ibanez rocks
The king of the slide is Son House, although I don't know how easy his stuff is. It's probably not extremely difficult though. I haven't really attempted any of his stuff yet.
Takes alot of practice to properly intonate notes with a slide - Sounds great when used correctly

Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Try Cheese Cake by Aerosmith and In My Time Of Dying by Zeppelin
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Free bird is suprisingly easy when playing slide ... read the lesson on slide it will give you some good pointers... also try playing more human than human by white zombie... it's a great slide song
Quote by Stop Messin'
Try Cheese Cake by Aerosmith and In My Time Of Dying by Zeppelin
yeah In My Time of Dying is a good one to start on