I myself am a classic rocker. But I noticed one problem is that I enjoyed the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. My question to UG is how do you percieve this change?
You put shame upon all of us, die in hell!

(Not)

Its not wrong to like a certain type of music.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Are you really that brainwashed? Really!?
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Why are you ashamed? Because you suddenly realized that you can appreciate and enjoy a good non-classic rock song?
METALLICA.
Quote by Prologue
Why are you ashamed? Because you suddenly realized that you can appreciate and enjoy a good non-classic rock song?

Exactly.

Completely serious too.
Why does it matter what band you like?

It's called your opinion for a reason. 'Cos it's yours.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
sticking to one type of rock is close minded IMO....

i mean, i listen to classical in the form of maiden, and a few songs here and there...
mainly metal though...

dam...i am such a hypocrite
Quote by JamMan*
Why does it matter what band you like?

It's called your opinion for a reason. 'Cos it's yours.

Because I need keep my reputation. I wanted to know if this will ruin me from being a classic rocker.
Quote by Slinov
sticking to one type of rock is close minded IMO...

Well actually I also like classical. Call me a nazi if you will but I am a huge fan of Wagner.
so you like more than one genre of music. wtf is wrong with that?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Quote by Liarsenic12
so you like more than one genre of music. wtf is wrong with that?

That he just picked out the worst genre he could ?
Quote by PollutedSoul
That he just picked out the worst genre he could ?

Classic Rock is a great genre.
Dont diss it because you cant enjoy it.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Tyranous
I myself am a classic rocker. But I noticed one problem is that I enjoyed the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. My question to UG is how do you percieve this change?

would you ever get over the genre barrier and stop trying to be cool
ok i can see why u like it the solos are quite classic rock styley so its only natural it shouldnt matter what other ppl think anyway even if u became a giant emocore fan its your opinion who cares what other ppl say, there are ppl who hate iron maiden! i was shocked too but there are.
Quote by Tyranous

the only difference is that now you like classic rock AND an MCR album

i think you were probably expecting an OmGz!!!eleven!!1!!1!1eEmOz1LoLz!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1! but were all far too mature on UG for that
Quote by Tyranous
Because I need keep my reputation. I wanted to know if this will ruin me from being a classic rocker.

That's kinda plastic I reckon, you're reputation as a 'classic rocker' shouldn't rule who you are, nor what you like the sound of musically. Do you really care that much if someone considers you less of a classic rocker because you like other good music?

GROW SOME BALLS AND ADMIT YOU LIKE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

I can't stand the way people avoid music like that, and Fall Out Boy and w/e, just because they're scared to be labeled as 'emo'.
Quote by BassistGal
Classic Rock is a great genre.
Dont diss it because you cant enjoy it.

Classic rock indeed is.

Emo/Scene (My chemical romance) isn't. And that is the one i was talking about.
Sound-wise, I thought the solos were pretty good.

Not necessarily from a difficulty point of view, but they complimented the song and all.
Quote by AceOfBlades
That's kinda plastic I reckon, you're reputation as a 'classic rocker' shouldn't rule who you are, nor what you like the sound of musically. Do you really care that much if someone considers you less of a classic rocker because you like other good music?

GROW SOME BALLS AND ADMIT YOU LIKE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

I can't stand the way people avoid music like that, and Fall Out Boy and w/e, just because they're scared to be labeled as 'emo'.

exactly

if youre scared that some people will think less of you because you liked a few songs by a band they hate then you needent be

in fact if theyre shallow enough to think less of you because of it then theyre just elitist assholes

and noone likes them
Who cares as long as you like them? You don't have to walk around town yelling "I ****in' love My Chemical Romance!!" or anything.

Just like what you like, and if anyone looks down on you for something as trivial as what bands you like/don't like, then they're not even worth your time to begin with.

You should be proud of the music you like. Even if it's something that sucks(I'm not saying MCR sucks--I actually like 'em somewhat.), be proud of it, because it's YOUR opinion.

It pisses me off how people think they should like things only in a certain category. I had a friend like that, into metal stuff. Would refuse to listen to anything other than metal; everything else "sucked". He recently opened up and found new inspiration for his work(he's kinda a "one man band") in punk music. A kind of music he always used to downtalk and vow to never listen to. I guess what I'm trying to say is, try to mix things up a bit by listening to new stuff with an open mind. It might suprise the hell outta you.

Variety is the spice of life. Or something.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Quote by Tyranous

The reason for this is because that song (and most of the album) has more or less ripped off some classic rock band styles. Welcome to the Black Parade is obviously taken from Queen, the style of guitar, vocal rythme and such, and in the video Freddy Mercury's stage moves are used.

I was told to listen to the album by a friend who said I'd enjoy it because it's classic rockesque, but all I heard was recycled music. I believe it's the second song(not sure) that sounds just like Pink Floyd's The Trial and another track uses the riff from Hit the Road Jack by The Stampeders(I know they didnt do it originally but theres was the first rock version I believe). There are alot more too. If you really are a die hard classic rock listener, I say just for the hell of it get the album from someone and listen to the whole thing. I guarantee you'll hear music you've heard before.

Personally, I didn't like that album or any music they've made though, but that's just my opinion.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Well I am only noticing 2 types of post saying.
1. I shouldn't care what other think about me.
2. Flaming me for being "close minded"
Oddly enough those that fall under number 2 are hypocrites. They don't seem to want to accept close minded people.
Quote by Tyranous

Oddly enough those that fall under number 2 are hypocrites. They don't seem to want to accept close minded people.

Thats because there idiots.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by stephen_rettie
ok i can see why u like it the solos are quite classic rock styley so its only natural it shouldnt matter what other ppl think anyway even if u became a giant emocore fan its your opinion who cares what other ppl say, there are ppl who hate iron maiden! i was shocked too but there are.

dude you really shouldn't use words like "emocore" if you have no idea what you're talking about lmfao
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Quote by Tyranous
Oddly enough those that fall under number 2 are hypocrites. They don't seem to want to accept close minded people

I love you dude! And to all the people that are flaming him for his opinions Shame on you!!

-peace out
Quote by Tyranous

that is so ****ing hilarious

1. you should care a little, but not about something as trivial as liking some mcr
2. who says people arent accepting that youre being close minded?they seem ok with it to me

and i wouldnt say you were being close minded, youre just playing on stereotypes WAY too much.
Quote by Slinov
sticking to one type of rock is close minded IMO....

Or even...dare I say...listening to something other than rock

Don't feel ashamed, songs are meant to be enjoyed. Even bands you don't like can make good songs. Like Slinov said, just be open minded enough to accept it.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
...i think you were probably expecting an OmGz!!!eleven!!1!!1!1eEmOz1LoLz!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1! but were all far too mature on UG for that

I don't know why but it made me laugh, nice sig btw.
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Last edited by Daitrying at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by Daitrying
Or even...dare I say...listening to something other than rock

Don't feel ashamed, songs are meant to be enjoyed. Even bands you don't like can make good songs. Like Slinov said, just be open minded enough to accept it.

I don't know why but it made me laugh, nice sig btw.

hooray! i was acknowledged by someone in the same country as me

Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
You can call yourself a classic rocker and not listen to ONLY classic rock. If you decided to not listen to other music you liked because it wasn't classic rock, you wouldn't be you. You'd be fake. You'd be some entity based on a certain brand people have given you.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
The Black Parade is a great album, and should be very easy for a classic rocker to get into. For fuck's sake, it's not going to kill you to stretch out and listen to something new.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I'm a classic rocker, but I listen to metal and stuff like that aswell, I listen to all the other stuff, but I know I like classic rock most of all, who cares if someone else doesn't think that about me.

Just don't give a ****! If you like something, like it.