I dont know about you guys, but I'm getting sick of opening this forum everyday to see 5 new posts about suggestions and recommendations, when we clearly have a thread for it. These threads never get closed and they clutter up the main page. Not to mention all of the non-blues/jazz posts and the unneccessary "check this out guy!" youtube video posts (which we now have a thread for, that no one bothers to use). Stuff like that would get closed in a heartbeat in the shred, metal, or classic rock forums.

This isnt a personal attack on AndrewBiles. He's a good moderator, but it just seems like he isnt on this forum very often and he doesnt enforce rules when he is.

What do you guys think?
Well, to be honest, all the "check this guy out" posts are very imminent, but it doesn't bother me - most of them are actually quite good.. Maybe if you just ignored the posts about non-blues/jazz or the "check this guy out" posts? I've got no complaints about moderation.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

So you're saying that its all imminent and I should just ignore it? Hmm.. you sure you arent an American?

But seriously, if its not allowed in other forums why is it allowed in this one? I agree that most of the "check this out" vids are pretty cool to watch. Which would make it even cooler if people posted them all in one place, for example the video thread.
Quote by bluewilliams
I'll do it!

Someone from Hampshire could be cool.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

well i wouldn't mind doing it either.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
So you're saying that its all imminent and I should just ignore it? Hmm.. you sure you arent an American?

Yes. I've always thought that forum rules are stupidly strict, and I don't really see a problem with this.
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?

Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Anyway...

My point stands valid. The Blues/Jazz forum remains completely unmoderated. I think one of our forum regulars should be given the title.

In all seriousness, yes, i think youre right.
I'd say either Encore_God or just make Resilience a mod here too.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
I agree with you SuburbanCowboy, this forum has been getting very mundane and repetitive, BUT if all of the suggestions and recommendations were kicked out there wouldn't be much left.

what does that mean? is there anything left to discuss about blues? i can't comment about jazz, it isn't my thing and there are few posts regarding this anyway. this forum just isn't popular, look at how many people are viewing at any one time compared to the other forums. it's a pity, i find it increasingly difficult to make new threads, it all seems to have been said before.

yes the forum is not moderated, all respect to AndrewBiles but i rarely see any see any evidence of his presence. maybe Encore should do it, he's an obnoxious prat but at least he has plenty to say and could breathe some new life into it.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Derigiberble
I'd say either Encore_God or just make Resilience a mod here too.

Encore_God is actually who I had in mind, but I didnt want to put anyone on the spot.
I acctually like the extra threads more. When they are all in 1 thread i have to look through pages of discussion on other topics before i acctually find what i was looking for. With more threads it seems easier to navigate because the topic acctually says whats in the article instead of "Cool Video thread" where i have to look at every post, which is generally people saying things along the lines of "YEAH HES AWESOME I LIKE HIM TOO."
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
I doubt i'll be put for consideration but I would definitely have fun doing it. This forum and MT are the only two forums i look at everyday and I've been in love with Blues and Jazz music for a long time now. Maybe just maybe someone will put me up for consideration.
Cheers!
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Quote by mercedesisbenz
I acctually like the extra threads more. When they are all in 1 thread i have to look through pages of discussion on other topics before i acctually find what i was looking for. With more threads it seems easier to navigate because the topic acctually says whats in the article instead of "Cool Video thread" where i have to look at every post, which is generally people saying things along the lines of "YEAH HES AWESOME I LIKE HIM TOO."

You do realize that you can go directly to the last page of the thread, where the newest videos are... right?
Quote by dr_john
I agree with you SuburbanCowboy, this forum has been getting very mundane and repetitive, BUT if all of the suggestions and recommendations were kicked out there wouldn't be much left.

what does that mean? is there anything left to discuss about blues? i can't comment about jazz, it isn't my thing and there are few posts regarding this anyway. this forum just isn't popular, look at how many people are viewing at any one time compared to the other forums. it's a pity, i find it increasingly difficult to make new threads, it all seems to have been said before.

yes the forum is not moderated, all respect to AndrewBiles but i rarely see any see any evidence of his presence. maybe Encore should do it, he's an obnoxious prat but at least he has plenty to say and could breathe some new life into it.

Thats exactly it. If you take away all the threads about this stuff, there is nothing left.

I think the mods are smart to let this go because otherwise, there would be nothing left.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
You do realize that you can go directly to the last page of the thread, where the newest videos are... right?

no shit.

i dont check these forums every single day because there are better things out there to read than what the 14 year old populous of ultimate guitar has to say. So a lot of the time when I check the last page of the thread it's a different conversation then from when I'd last checked it.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
We do have a recommendations thread, so recommendation thrweads for specific artists is kinda pointless. I think a bigger problem is all the threads about the same people. Whatever your complaint may be, you'd be best off to send it directly to a mod or admin or you could put this thread in the feedback forum.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I think it would be a good idea for another mod, I nominate TNFootballfan62 for the job.
i can do it

but, i don't think we need another mod, in fact, the bllues and jazz forum is almost dead, andrewbiles can get the job done
Quote by dr_john
maybe Encore should do it, he's an obnoxious prat but at least he has plenty to say and could breathe some new life into it.

... Thanks. I think.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Encore_God is actually who I had in mind, but I didnt want to put anyone on the spot.

Yeah I agree, although I reckon he's probably about the longest server in here, and he sure knows a hell of a lot about the blues.

Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Encore_God
... Thanks. I think.

yes, it was supposed to be a compliment. I think.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Derigiberble
Yeah I agree, although I reckon he's probably about the longest server in here, and he sure knows a hell of a lot about the blues.

Yeah, I'll second that.
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?

This is probably the quietest forum on the whole of UG, i dont see any need for a dedicated mod for this alone. Nothing offensive occurs here, theres little spam, few arguements, just the odd thread which perhaps is covered elsewhere. EG would make a good mod but i think he would need more than B&J to sink his teeth into.
I appreciate all the nods given in this thread, it's very flattering.

I actually don't think that the B&J forum has ever been as popular as it is now, which is great. I think that what needs doing here is re-arranging certain threads in order to make them more useful to folks who need to use them, such as altering the Recommendations thread, which I would be glad to help out with, as I've got some ideas for it and other similar threads.

Still, cheers folks, and power to the people...

Last edited by Encore_God at Mar 6, 2007,
I don't think Encore_God would be a bad idea. He's certainly active enough, but I find him somewhat confrontational. Perhaps that edge is what we need though.

I honestly believe TNFootballfan62 is the best canidate for it. But i havn't seen him around as much lately.

If TN is willing then I vote for him, but otherwise I'm comfortable with Encore.

Cheers
-Falcatarius
Quote by Falcatarius
I don't think Encore_God would be a bad idea. He's certainly active enough, but I find him somewhat confrontational. Perhaps that edge is what we need though.

Well, if I was a mod, the first thing I'd do would be to change the title of this thread to 'How UG's Blues Contingent really feel about Encore God'.

The threads out of place don't really bother me, they are only annoying because in other forums hundreds of users bitch (no offense). In this forum everyone seems calm enough to just get along, haha.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I agree with meh! on TNFootballfan62. Encore_God, I respect you, but sometimes you are a little biased (against Clapton) and I'm afraid that maybe the power would get to you and you might abuse it.
^I don' think you mean me.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by ledhed68
I agree with meh! on TNFootballfan62. Encore_God, I respect you, but sometimes you are a little biased (against Clapton) and I'm afraid that maybe the power would get to you and you might abuse it.

I do actually like Mr Clapton. And I really can't see how disliking certain parts of the output of one artist in a vast and varied genre (or two genres, as in this forum) would impair anyone's ability to be impartial, but there we go

Last edited by Encore_God at Mar 6, 2007,
Quote by Encore_God

I do actually like Mr Clapton. And I really can't see how disliking certain parts of the output of one artist in a vast and varied genre (or two genres, as in this forum) would impair anyone's ability to be impartial, but there we go

I probably could have said it better, but I'm not good with words so if I'm trying to say something that should be very intelligent and makes sense, it will come out like a bunch of random words.
The more I've thought about it, the more I think that Encore_God would make a great mod.. He crops up in practically every single thread, and I don't think he is biased in the slightest... At least, I've never noticed it.
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?

Why not put up a poll? See how the vote goes between Encore_God and TNFootballfan62?
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?