What distortion pedal can come close to the sound of Slipknot? I have a BOSS DS-1 but it's not the sound I'm looking for...Any suggestions?
Have a look in the sticky in the Guitar gear and Accessories forum called "The only Amp settings thread" Or something like that...

It has the Slipknot sound settings in there.
plug your guitar directly into a turd
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Drive a corrigated iron pole through your amp and that will sound like it becasue slipknot has an awful tone.
lol try a boss mt2 and a compressor of some type, or go for a metal muff
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
plug your guitar directly into a turd

Read the "Dear UG" Sticky...

It's a bit iffy being like that at the moment... =\
Quote by Dobzilla
Read the "Dear UG" Sticky...

It's a bit iffy being like that at the moment... =\

i got through half of it and started to doze off.. are they banning poop humor or something?
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
i got through half of it and started to doze off.. are they banning poop humor or something?

No. Use all the poop humour you like.

But basically, when it's pointless spam / unhelpful opinionated stuff it's going to be a lot stricter, therefore resulting in warnings / bans.