I lookin for a sorta machine head/Pantera metal sound. I have a line 6 DM4 distortion modeler as my effects unit. Any ideas dudes???????

Cheers

R.I.P Dimebag

He came, and he rocked like no other,
and now he doin his thing with the big guy in the sky
Machine head uses 6505's, so yeah...scoop your mids a bit, push the highs and lows.
Read my post. Not this.
Machine Head also plays is drop b on "Through the Ashes of Empires" so take that into account. But I dont know how scooped the mids are. I mean the new album doesnt scooped a whole lot. But IMO scooped mids sounds like straight shit anyway. My bandmate and friend pointed this out to me yesturday. When you scoop the mids you really kinda make yourself non existent in a band. The highs are cut out by the symbols, and sometimes vocals, and the lows are cut out by the bass guitar/drums. So mids are what the crowd is hearing most.

But yeah if you want Machine Head tone go buy a 6505 and then an ESP or a Jackson.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
The mid's arent really that scooped for newer machine head The Blackening has the best guitar sound yet and its quite middy, I get a Killer machine head tone from my 5150. Like Crimson said, tune down and use big strings, 52 at least on the bottom.
Add a little chorus or flanger too.
Quote by Crimson_Eve
Machine Head also plays is drop b on "Through the Ashes of Empires" so take that into account. But I dont know how scooped the mids are. I mean the new album doesnt scooped a whole lot. But IMO scooped mids sounds like straight shit anyway. My bandmate and friend pointed this out to me yesturday. When you scoop the mids you really kinda make yourself non existent in a band. The highs are cut out by the symbols, and sometimes vocals, and the lows are cut out by the bass guitar/drums. So mids are what the crowd is hearing most.

But yeah if you want Machine Head tone go buy a 6505 and then an ESP or a Jackson.

scooped mids only sound bad if you scoop them all the way. i meant just lower them to around 4. what you're saying about being non existent is correct though.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by mingles
Machine head uses 6505's, so yeah...scoop your mids a bit, push the highs and lows.

Robb used a 5150 for TTAOE, and I think he might have used a spider 1 head too....

Let me check the video, and I'll get back to you.

Dob-Edit:

Yeah, and his exact words about the Line 6 were...

"Yeah, we're using it because it's got some fucked up effects, but for the most part they sound like ass. But they have a cool low end."
Last edited by Dobzilla at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by mingles
scooped mids only sound bad if you scoop them all the way. i meant just lower them to around 4. what you're saying about being non existent is correct though.

Good call....didnt mean misunderstand.

And if your going to drop tune lower than d its a good idea to get thicker strings like jonnyguitarman said. If not you risk bowing your neck....and nobody wants that.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die