Page 1 of 2
I know this should go in the religion thread but this is scary so i thought i would make an exception.

I watched a video in RE today about a practicing Muslim group in Birmingham and it was frightening.
Basically these people were saying that they supported Bin Ladin i quote "He is better than a thousand Tony Blairs, He is better than a thousand George Bushs, because he believes the same as us"

These people look down highly on non-muslims and regard us as scum. They regard our societys rules as inferior.

They think its okay for a child to marry an adult as their prophet Mohammed did it.

Now i dont follow religion at all and i dont have a problem with other people following their own religion as long as they dont try to convert me or anything.

But i thought this was a bit drastic that these people are just trying to kill us.

Now im sure all muslims are not like this but i was seriously like "okay what the hell" for like 10minutes.

Thoughts.
These muslims are assholes, they completly changed the quran. I have a lot of REAL muslim friends in spain, they told me that the quran says that that you shouldent look at other people and say they are inferior and that you should respect other religions.
There are complete fucknuts in any religion. The trouble is, they're always louder than their sane co-religionists.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
These muslims are assholes, they completly changed the quran. I have a lot of REAL muslim friends in spain, they told me that the quran says that that you shouldent look at other people and say they are inferior and that you should respect other religions.

if thats the case then this is truly worrying that people can twist religion which is designed for good in to something that looks a little evil
My sister found a diary on the train (London Underground) which had loads of email addresses and stuff about the quran and martyrdom and death and dying for justice. I'm not sure if she's over-exagerrating but it had her pretty spooked.... she's gonna hand it to the police lol
Quote by Portuguese_boy

Than they don't follow the Qu'ran
Quote by Qu'ran

Sura 9:29-30
Make war upon such of those to whom the Scriptures have been given as believe not in God, or in the Last Day, and who forbid not that which God and His Apostle have forbidden, and who profess not the profession of the truth.
The Jews say "Ezra is a son of God"; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is a son of God." Such the saying in their mouths! They resemble the saying of the infidels of Old! Go do battle with them! How are they misguided!

Apparently Muslims are told to kill those that do not believe.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

I, being a muslim myself, agree.

Extremist Islam = 99% what "knowledgeable people" and "holy leaders" think, agree on, and want. The remaining 1% are those little itty bits in the quran that they need to give themselves any credibility. Defy them, and they'll point to this one percent.

Islam, at its roots, has to be one of the most peaceful religions ever. Nowhere does it tell you to harm others, or kill in prejudice. It asks us to respect all religions. Respect and treat them as your friends.

And no, I'm not a very religous muslim, as religion doesn't exist anymore. Its what you believe in your heart and not what some silly old book says that defines who you are.
Quote by Inahrima
Islam, at its roots, has to be one of the most peaceful religions ever. Nowhere does it tell you to harm others, or kill in prejudice. It asks us to respect all religions. Respect and treat them as your friends.

Please read above.
Quote by Tyranous
Than they don't follow the Qu'ran

Apparently Muslims are told to kill those that do not believe.

well im sure thats not true, being a muslim myself. its probably just the extremists taking it too far again...
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Hmm.. Im Jewish, and i read almost all of the bible, but who the hell is Ezra?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
You mean the Qu'ran is wrong because Qu'ran is too extreme and took the Qu'ran too far? You confuse me. But it seem like if you think the Qu'ran is wrong then how are you a Muslim?
Quote by Tyranous
Please read above

There are contradictary bits in most religions! In the old Testament of the bible it says lots about stoning homosexuals and female adulterists! But jesus came and said forget all that i dont know much about islam but im guessing its the same kind of thing!
Quote by BassistGal
Hmm.. Im Jewish, and i read almost all of the bible, but who the hell is Ezra?

Read the Book of Ezra. But he is the grandson of Aaron, Moses brother.
Quote by Tyranous
You mean the Qu'ran is wrong because Qu'ran is too extreme and took the Qu'ran too far? You confuse me. But it seem like if you think the Qu'ran is wrong then how are you a Muslim?

I think he means the "new" quran, the modified one created to destroy infidels
Quote by Grundy0
There are contradictary bits in most religions! In the old Testament of the bible it says lots about stoning homosexuals and female adulterists! But jesus came and said forget all that i dont know much about islam but im guessing its the same kind of thing!

Notice how Jew and Christian are not the same religion. It didn't contradict at all. God said the wages of sin is death. Since Jesus was God his death covered all sin. This is extremely short but is better said in Galatians I believe that is the right book
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I think he means the "new" quran, the modified one created to destroy infidels

Mmhmm. So which Qu'ran do Muslims follow then? That is like saying hey Christianity is right but the Bible is wrong!
Tyranous, so what you're saying is, you aren't a muslim if you don't do exactly as the quran says? You wouldn't be a christian if you didn't believe in Noah and his ark then. All this aside, every religion has its extremists. Remember the witch hunts?

Islam, like any other religion has its many sects and beliefs.

Like i said before

ITS WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT DEFINES WHAT YOU ARE, NOT SOME SILLY OLD BOOK
Quote by Tyranous
Mmhmm. So which Qu'ran do Muslims follow then? That is like saying hey Christianity is right but the Bible is wrong!

They follow the real original quran
In christianity a similar thing happened, they have the old testament, the enw testament, all are different, and most of it was modified by people later. That's why I still don't know which religion to choose, but I still believe there is one all-powerful god. The same god as the jews, muslims and christians
Quote by Inahrima
Tyranous, so what you're saying is, you aren't a muslim if you don't do exactly as the quran says?

That is not at all what I am saying. I am saying he doesn't follow the Qu'ran. What I said is that if he thinks the Qu'ran is wrong then how can he be a Muslim
Quote by Inahrima
You wouldn't be a christian if you didn't believe in Noah and his ark then. All this aside, every religion has its extremists. Remember the witch hunts?
Notice how I never said I am Christian, you shouldn't assume.
Lucky me because I am a bad example. With the exception of Genesis and Revelations, I believe everything in the Bible literally.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
They follow the real original quran
In christianity a similar thing happened, they have the old testament, the enw testament, all are different, and most of it was modified by people later. That's why I still don't know which religion to choose, but I still believe there is one all-powerful god. The same god as the jews, muslims and christians

Seriously have you ever watched the Discovery/History channel. If there is a mistranslation in the Bible, Tanahk or Qu'ran you will here it from them. They do it all the time. Almost all cases is assumption because of one word meaning multiple things. And History Channel tells all mistranslations and what they think it means. Seriously if they had anything really worth while they will have a program saying "Hey the BIBLE IS WRONG!"
But yes there is no proof that any translation was made out of proportion.
I also forgot to add that the had a video link with some muslim guy.

(sorry about being casual about it)

Now i cant remember who he was but he had a white beard and long white hair and he was quite high up. He wa saying that christians, jews, athiasts should be condemned to hell.

There was another guy preaching in reference to islam.

"We are ment to be brainwashing people"
Quote by Tyranous
That is not at all what I am saying. I am saying he doesn't follow the Qu'ran. What I said is that if he thinks the Qu'ran is wrong then how can he be a Muslim
Notice how I never said I am Christian, you shouldn't assume.
Lucky me because I am a bad example. With the exception of Genesis and Revelations, I believe everything in the Bible literally.

I never said you were. "You wouldn't be a christian" was hypothetical example.
Anyone fancy making a UG religion? I reckon a combination of bacon and free lego would swell our ranks mightily
Drive me home Jeeves
Quote by Inahrima
I never said you were. "You wouldn't be a christian" was hypothetical example.

OH sorry for the assumption bad Tyranous bad. Now I have to give me a spanking... anyone want to watch?
Just about everyone thinks that extreme islam is really dumb. It's what gives Islam in general a bad name.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by str84ever
I also forgot to add that the had a video link with some muslim guy.

(sorry about being casual about it)

Now i cant remember who he was but he had a white beard and long white hair and he was quite high up. He wa saying that christians, jews, athiasts should be condemned to hell.

Er, this is different from any other religion how exactly?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by GarlicBread
Anyone fancy making a UG religion? I reckon a combination of bacon and free lego would swell our ranks mightily

everyone do what this guy says, he knows what hes talking about^

a UG religion wold kick ass
There's something in britain called 'the islamic society of britain'.
They believe that if you show any signs of homosexuality in public you need to be shot.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by Grundy0

Exactly. Parts of the New Testament say that all sins are equal, then parts say the opposite. I being Christian, follow the verses that are most Christ-like and moral. Stoning homosexuals is not one.

And to Tyranous? When did you become more of an expert on Islam than a Muslims himself?
Quote by sock_demon
If only Christianity could have the same devotion as they do ...

Ever watched Jesus Camp?

Quote by Inahrima
I, being a muslim myself, agree.

Extremist Islam = 99% what "knowledgeable people" and "holy leaders" think, agree on, and want. The remaining 1% are those little itty bits in the quran that they need to give themselves any credibility. Defy them, and they'll point to this one percent.

And no, I'm not a very religous muslim, as religion doesn't exist anymore. Its what you believe in your heart and not what some silly old book says that defines who you are.

+1

Quote by Caustic
There are complete fucknuts in any religion. The trouble is, they're always louder than their sane co-religionists.

+1

Same for Portuguese Boy
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead

Ever watched Jesus Camp?

Yeah the people in Jesus Camp are ****nuts. To me they're scarier than most Muslims. And they aren't even backed by the Bible.

The type of devotion I'd like to see is actually praying five times a day in complete submission. Granted, I am no where near this point, but I do believe it is possible, at least for some Christians. I'm just sick of all these ****ing Yuppie Christians who claim to be so devoted when in reality they worship their SUV before Christ.
Quote by Michelangelo193
Exactly. Parts of the New Testament say that all sins are equal, then parts say the opposite. I being Christian, follow the verses that are most Christ-like and moral. Stoning homosexuals is not one.

Wrong! Old Testament says all sins are equal, which they are. To say one is more important than the other is blasphemy. Notice why Jesus said they most important law is to love God with all you mind heart and soul. And the second is love your neighbor as you do yourself. All laws are under this catagory. I know I did not quote exactly nor do I wish to. But you like the Muslim have not read you Scripture. I Romans Paul tells us the wages of sin is death. Jesus paid for our sins with his death. Since that has been done Jesus's teaching can be followed.

Quote by Michelangelo193
When did you become more of an expert on Islam than a Muslims himself?

As I just proved you are a Christian and know very little about it. Same with the Muslim. People who have read the Bible, Qu'ran, and Tanahk have more of a say than followers who have not read it.
There are extremists in every religion. Just be thankful they are in the minority.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Well unfortunately, islam isn't the only religion being used to manipulate people. There are some christian fundamentalists in the US who believes that they're way of thinking is the ONLY way and anyone who disagrees will end up in hell. What kind of philosophy is that? A sick philosophy.

I don't think you should reject religion, because essentially it's a beautiful thing. But using it to manipulate people is just... shocking.
Page 1 of 2