does anyone know why ol' Dickey isnt playin with the Allman brothers band anymore? Warren and Derek kill on guitar, but I was just wondering if they had a falling out with the Dickster.
I didn't know he wasn't.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

Yeah, it was basically because he and Gregg Allman fell out big time, and in 2000 the band asked him to leave, for 'personal and professional reasons'. He filed a lawsuit against the others and it all turned nasty, he left for good, and Derek Trucks joined (and Warren Haynes came back).
Thats kinda what I figured. Man I love dickey's songs, but he comes off as an ol' pissed of hillbilly. Oh well, Allmans rule with or without him.
Absolutely. In fact i think with the current line up the band are sounding better than ever. With Derek on board it's almost like having Duane back.
definetly, i got the live at the beacon dvd from like 03 i think, and it is so good imo. derek and warren rule together, gregg sounds awesome again too!! Thanks for the dickey update! peace