Page 1 of 2
I saw it on the news last night. all the people who like it are finally realizing its too repetative and all that they sing about is sex drugs and womenizing!

Thank God!
Yo dawg wsup man, wutchu gotta make fun of rap fo dawg.
No, I am just kidding, but seriously why do people give a shit about other people who listen to rap. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Back in the day grown ups would complain if we listened to metal. What's the difference, as people grow up their musical tastes change.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
Well gangsta rap is incredibly boring and repeating, but if people like it why does it bother you? I'm not that bothered.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If you ever listen to Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise

you'll realise not all gangsta rap is crap
Hallelujah baby!
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
im only botherd by the sterostypical subjects who take it seriously and do the things they hear in thos ****ed up songs.. why is that
I am Cool Thanks for listening.
Quote by matt bickerton

there are definetley those exceptions I love that song..
I am Cool Thanks for listening.
Quote by matt bickerton

Yeah it was ****in class in the 90s. Now we have to listen to 50 cent lisping away about thex, drugth and hothhhh. yeth.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by PissedOffGerman
sex drugs and womenizing!

And what is a large propertion of rock n roll about!

-Peace
Last edited by Grundy0 at Mar 5, 2007,
true not all gangsta rap is crap. 2pac, biggie, big l those are the people with talent when it comes to lyrics. they don't rap about big rims, and stuff like that. they rap about people struggling in the ghetto and i can relate to that cause i was born and raised in the ghetto myself. its just that nowaday rappers don't have any insight on life and all they can write is bling bling which they all don't have before a record deal, and i think that these new rappers is responsible for all the crime rate that been rising in the past couple years cause when kids turn on the radio, they hear about 24inches rims, benz, bimmer, diamonds, and they cant afford it what they gon do? drugs, robbery. my point is, rap was good for a while but now i can't wait til it die.
Quote by matt bickerton

That song rules.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
You know, I was thinking the other day and I realized something...

I have been spendin' most of my life livin' in a gangster's paradise.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by PissedOffGerman
I saw it on the news last night. all the people who like it are finally realizing its too repetative and all that they sing about is sex drugs and womenizing!

Thank God!

You ****ing close minded idiot. If you dont like it, just dont ****ing listen to it. people like you really ****ing piss me off. You may notice that rock'n'roll is about sex, drugs and womanising also.

Is the decrease in gangsta rap fans going to suddenly make your whole life so much better?

ive said it once and ill say it again, you're a ****ing idiot.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It takes just as much talent as rock or metal so what's everyone's problem?

Just because you don't like it it doesn't mean its boring and repetitive. Listen to some of the lyrics and even though I can't listen to 99% of rap, its obvious that different people take different things from it. Can you imagine 2pac settling down to some of the beatles earlier material?
This is hard to accept from a guy who's signature says he hates rap, but I haven't noticed a difference. There's still plenty of rap on TV.

Now, when rock music returns to mainstream, THEN we can be happy.
Quote by rabidguitarist
You ****ing close minded idiot. If you dont like it, just dont ****ing listen to it. people like you really ****ing piss me off. You may notice that rock'n'roll is about sex, drugs and womanising also.

Is the decrease in gangsta rap fans going to suddenly make your whole life so much better?

i agree with you, however mommy needs to wash your mouth out with soap. warned.
#DTWD
most big rappers are nowhere near is ignorant as metallions. Will Smith is a fan of viking skull, ice cube joined body count, and most of public enemy are big metalheads.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Grundy0
And what is a large propertion of rock n roll about!

-Peace

Quote by sashki
I doubt it...
I want to hear more about this news story.

'We interupt this programme to tell you some guys think these other guys suck. That is all.'

Anyone heard Amish Paradise? Weird Al sung it.

'We churn butter most our lives, living in a Amish paradise'

'And I've been milking and ploughing so long, even Izikiel thinks that my mind is gone...'
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Quote by sashki

Mainstream rock music isn't so great either.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by maXterbat0r

I doubt it...

At least I'll be happy. 5 years ago, I was happy to see Blink 182, the Darkness, Jet and Sum 41 on TV. Now it's Akon, Gwen Stefani, Timbaland, Akon and....Timbaland....and more Akon.... and I'm bored.

Quote by Bubban
Mainstream rock music isn't so great either.

That's cos the stuff you see now is no good. Not every band is like Hinder, y'know? I bet there are millions of relatively well known bands touring which just aren't exposed to the mainstream public. I watch this Austrian music channel called GoTV which is awesome. They have this feature called "Hosted By" where they invite famous people to choose their 10 favorite music videos to play, and they invite a lot of "rock stars" who know some pretty cool music.
Last edited by sashki at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by PissedOffGerman

Thank God!

ok sooo you heard this from a white middle class female reporter in her mid thirtys.
if i were you i would feel incredibly stupid right now.

i will say this again and again, it shouldnt bother you if you dont like the genre. noone is forcing you to listen to it.
Even if you intensely dislike gangsta rap, I very much doubt that you will be much fonder of anything that replaces it.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by PissedOffGerman

Thank God!

On the news?! Exactly what mass of statistical evidence did they provide to get this opinion?
Quote by rabidguitarist

okay so.. i dont like it.. i dont listen to it.. mabey iam happy because when it dies off there will be better music then that stupid crap!
thank you lord jesus
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Who cares what other people like... try actuallylistening to some and you will realise it is actually catchy and cool to listen to... or carry on being narrow minded...
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
lol yeah but...have you noticed alot of black rock bands recently...now they are jumping over
Quote by Kurtsmyhero06
lol yeah but...have you noticed alot of black rock bands recently...now they are jumping over

The most biased, and therefore ignorant post I have ever seen. What difference does anyone being black make?
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Last edited by Daitrying at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by Daitrying
The most biased, and therefore ignorant post I have ever seen. What difference does anyone being black make?

thats funny and completely true for a lil pretend world were it doesnt matter
but it does because people make it matter and no 1 can preach about well maybe you should change it uhh...kinda cant change everything sure people have changed alot of the gov. stand points(equal right) which is awesome just as long as 1 person is rascist it matters to them
anyway back to subject that the black community has started going to rock
( i know here has been some b4 but its starting to get popular again which is cool because hopfuly we will get another hendrix =)
um... who started blues and rock'n'roll?

black slaves.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
um... who started blues and rock'n'roll?

black slaves.

black people are cool....jusst not the ones who like gangster rap
All the rap I like was released years ago and the odds of it's popularity decreasing are smaller than the chances of another plague outbreak.
good god.... Now its going to get replased with emo.

I'll kinda miss it, where I live everyone is a chav apart from me and my 3 best freinds and i kinda enjoy being the minority.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Page 1 of 2