I'm looking into getting one of these but the prices have gotten pretty steep since they've discontinued them.
Basically what I'd like to know from someone who has one or has played one, is it worth the $600 I'm going to have to throw down?
No, it's not.

It's worse than a normal strat.

One pickup and one knob. Sounds like something you should pay extra for...

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Alright.
I've read reviews of people saying they have amazing tone, and my friend loves them. And I've also read people who wish they'd just gone with a Standard. I wasn't sure because for $600 I'll could buy a standard Strat and put an Invader in the bridge.
I own a surf green one and I actually really enjoy it, I'm not much of a strat player and therefor do not have much experience with them but I think that the Tom Delonge strat is a pretty solid guitar. I like the feel of the neck and the Invader is a pretty powerful pickup. I play metal and I bring it to practice to piss all my members off and it sounds pretty decent for metal aswell. Not to mention whenever you play a Blink 182 song through a nice amp it sounds just like the recordings. I'm not sure if it's really worth 600$ though, I mean it's a great guitar but that's a lot of dough. My girlfriend bought me mine for xmas, otherwise I don't think i really would have bought it. i then broke up with her the next month and kept it. bahaha. See if you can find one locally maybe to play. Like I said it's a very versitile guitar even though theres only one volume knob and pickup. I dont' know dude, prolly just go with buying a standard and put the invader in with pickgaurd. That'd be cool but the colors are diff.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Last edited by think11270 at Mar 5, 2007,
Yeah, I wish I could try it out first but Tom had to go decide he liked Gibsons better.
I wish I had tried it a few years ago when they werent so hard to come by.
Quote by matt4415
buy a standard Strat and put an Invader in the bridge.

I'm not a fan of the Invader, but you have the correct concept here .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.