Ok, I got the backing track for this from my Rock Guitar Grade 6 CD but it's just me improvising over it. Apparently it is "modern blues" style.

I aplogise for my digital tone, I record diresct drom my multi fx pedal becasue its the only way I can.

Theres a wah solo half way through, and a clean part towards the end, as well as a little electric piano solo I'm quite proud of as I'm not much of a keyboardist.

http://samjparker.dmusic.com/
i really enjoyed this, it was a nice chillin tune. i love the backing chords and especially the bassline, drums werent bad either. i thought the lead sounded a little choppy in some parts, but not bad or anything. really good work, keep it up!
crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534929

edit: i just read now that you didnt make the backing track but whatever, it was cool anyways
Quote by allstrats726
i really enjoyed this, it was a nice chillin tune. thought the lead sounded a little choppy in some parts, but not bad or anything.

ditto
sounds like Billy Jean - MJ with that funky bass line, i have some sh!tty opera stuff in the background but my family is listening to this instead, much more enjoying it, one thing though, it seems as though ur solos are slightly off beat, but 9.5/10
Chose to Crit the Blues Improv. I'm a sucker for it Though I'm getting a Cannot Find Server message.

I'll update this post later if it'll let me on.
Quote by -=Led_Hed=-
sounds like Billy Jean - MJ with that funky bass line, i have some sh!tty opera stuff in the background but my family is listening to this instead, much more enjoying it, one thing though, it seems as though ur solos are slightly off beat, but 9.5/10

hooray, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to think someones whole family enjoyed my playing

and I like your Tom Waits quote as well, he's the best lyricist I've ever heard.
This isn't really something I would normally listen to at all but it is good nonetheless. I just don't really like the background chords, they sound a little cheesy to me. but again i'm not a fan of this style so i can't really say much. the guitar sounds great...you are definitely talented. and thanks for the crit.
Right, I'm back, as promised.

The playing in general is good, though it's not without mistakes as it has been said.

The phrases you use at around 1:23 are great. I'll excuse you the fact that I don't think the tone when the wah pedal comes in all that nice, but you already know that.

Pretty good so far, just waiting for the keyboards. Hmm, some good bluesy licks in there, some thats not so good, you seem to be adding some good passing tones and some that don't go particularly well.

Nice little improv to listen to though, not bad at all.
sweet 80's sounding backing track. nice improve too. i like your tone alot too. thanks for the crit.
Too cool for a signature.
Nice tone! Some good soloing going on here, but some repetitiveness going on around the end. Also, the instrument seems to change volume a bit, like its fading away. I didn't like the wah bit at all though. I was kinda in a mood and that ruined it

Cheers for the crit
This was really good. I especially liked the wah solo. The backing track gets a little old - as do most, but it is still very cool. I like the soloing and the recording quality is very good. I would like to hear some more like this. You should record your own progression thing to solo over, but I liked this a lot. Good job. Keep it up. Mind critting mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522091
Quote by gallagher2006
Nice tone! Some good soloing going on here, but some repetitiveness going on around the end. Also, the instrument seems to change volume a bit, like its fading away. I didn't like the wah bit at all though. I was kinda in a mood and that ruined it

Cheers for the crit

Hooray, I got someone in the mood! err, yeah!

The reason the volume seems to fade away ate the end is 1) because I switched to clean, and 2) to make make room for the electric piano bit.