So i'm thinking a head for when I buy a new guitar amp. My plan is to go for the Orange Tiny terror if it can do small venues.

Anyway, I need to build a cab for it as I am insulted by the prices of the 2x12 cabs. After reading the reems of pages on the Cab bulding thread, I think I have a good general idea about a cab. Do you guys suggest I build a sealed box with vent holes in the back? Secondly, i know this is a common question, but what speakers do you think would work well with this project? As the amp will cost around £300, I don't particularly want to be spending £100 on the speakers.

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
12" speakers...I'm assuming of the British voiced variety. You better be prepared to spend a bit on the speakers if ya want some good tone.
tedweber.com has some good ones.
When I build a 2x12 (I don't know why, they look so cool.) I'm going to stick some Ceramic Weber Blue Dogs in there. 100 USD each...so 200 USD, that's like....120 pounds...in a straight conversion. Dunno about shipping, but I do believe he will do overseas.
If I was to spend that on speakers, I may aswell buy a cab :P I was under the impression I could get some cheaper speakers but ones that had a good sound. Dam!

Do you think ebay could give me some good speakers for cheaper?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Last edited by Lordoflax at Mar 5, 2007,
Well, it is cheaper, depending on what you get. For example, Marshall cabs are g'damn pricey. I'd rather build my own.
If you build a 2x10" it could be more affordable. 10" are significantly cheaper than a 12". Like 25-30 USD cheaper.

eBay might. Dig around - post the link in here, so ya can get some feedback on the speaker's quality.
Well on ebay there are some celestion 12" BNIB speakers that are going for like £25, now they say they are brand new, so these speakers must be quite 'crap'

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

So what do you think? I mean the prices are ideal for my situation but i'm not going to buy something that isn't any good.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

You're aiming for no more than 60quid on the speakers are you? Welcome to the club.
I didn't know speakers could be so pricey either, I saw the two Vintage 30s for 100pounds and I heard thats what they put in orange amps.
So yeah, please someone shed some light on whats hot and whats not...

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
So you havn't had a chance at all to try your amp? I would be stressing out if I couldn't.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Watch this one...If you can get a Blue Dog AND a Silver Ten for a good price, that'd be excellent. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Weber-guitar-speakers-for-Vox-Marshall-Hiwatt_W0QQitemZ140093052549QQihZ004QQcategoryZ23794QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Blue Dog is Weber's version of the $300 Celestion Blue. Awesome speaker.

EDIT: Seems I spoke quickly. Those are actualy 10" speakers. Still, good speakers. I'm gonna buy 2 Blue Pups for a 2x10" combo I'm getting.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by Lordoflax
So you havn't had a chance at all to try your amp? I would be stressing out if I couldn't.

It's in the post ^^.

In th e mean time Im gonna see if I can plug it into some cab or some combo of some sort at college.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Vent holes... why?
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
well i read in the Cab building sticky that you need vent holes. Check it out if you don't believe me, maybe I read it all wrong.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

No, you`re right... But vent holes are not really "super" necessairy in guitarcabs.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
I'm just deciding whether to make it or buy a cheap one. Does anybody know a cheap but decent cab?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

So if I decide to make the cab instead, I may need some good guidance. So apart from the Cab building thread, does any body have any other resources?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Yes I have been doing.

I can seem to find what ohm cab I can use with the Tiny Terror, it doesn't really say anywhere on the site.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

The tiny terror has a 16ohm output and two parrallel 8ohm outputs. I think you can only plug in either the one 16 ohm or the two 8ohm together (stereo?) or just one 8 ohm.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
So what would I be looking for in a cab then in connection with ohm? Would I be looking for 16 ohm cab, or have I got the total wrong idea?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!