I'm considering buying either a Big Muff or a Metal Muff

but I haven't a clue which would suit me better

I mostly play stuff like Muse, QOTSA, Wolfmother, RATM, Nirvana, RHCP

those sorta tones really

is the Metal Muff gonna be TOO high gain for my needs?

I'm guessing if I get the Big Muff I'm gonna have the distortion levels up pretty high, so would it be best to get that and keep everything up high? or get the metal muff and have settings slightly lower?
dude i'd say the best thing to do is to try them for yourself
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
I like the hairy muff.

I'd get a Russian Muff if I were you. Make sure you, er, try them out for yourself.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Big Muff... If you play such a things like Chili Peppers Big Muff is excelent...Frusciante uses it so that is the best recomendation
Quote by MrCarrot
I like the hairy muff.

I'd get a Russian Muff if I were you. Make sure you, er, try them out for yourself.

Who in the heck came up with the name muff for a product lol
I have a big muff and I reccomend it. Ive never played the metal muff. RHCP and Muse are NOT metal, so just get the big muff.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
The thikng is, the metal muff can do most things the big muff can, just turn the gain down, plus you get the higher gain stuff, a better eq and a top boost, so its far more versatile.
So you can get similar tones out of a metal muff with the right tweaking as you can with the big muff fairly high gain?
yea i say try them first... the problem i have is.. i can never stick to a certain genre so i use my amps built in distortion for the more rock songs like wolfmother (because i can pretty much replicate that sound) but for metallica and stuff and slayer i'm thinking of going for a metal muff
yeah metal muff is great the best ive heard can get extremely high gain but not so good for lower gain stuff such as RHCP and so on but for metallica and slayer its great
Quote by Habit Zero
Who in the heck came up with the name muff for a product lol

probably someone that doesnt get any
The Big Muff can get rather high gain, yea.

Just get the Big Muff.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
they sound vastly different IMO, try them both out, the Metal Muff has more of an overdrive sound with less fuzz and the Big Muff is a Fuzz pedal.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm