Page 1 of 3
With the way things are going right now, Iran unwilling to back off their nuclear programs, North Korea already successfully developed a nuclear bomb, and China and Russia opposing to most of the west's demands, is a nuclear war truly inevitable?
Inevitable? No. Possible? Hopefully not.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
the only reasons countries have this shit is because america is trying to have power over the rest of the world. america is probably packed full of bombs and nuclear weapons, but they dont like it when other people have them.

If there is going to be a nuclear war, america will start it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Unfortunately, I think it's a realistic thought that it could happen in our life-times. Especially while we have bush fucking everything up.

*Edit:
Quote by rabidguitarist
the only reasons countries have this shit is because america is trying to have power over the rest of the world. america is probably packed full of bombs and nuclear weapons, but they dont like it when other people have them.

If there is going to be a nuclear war, america will start it.

I saw a presentation from Ben from Ben & Jerries. He said that the US has enough nuclear bombs to destroy the whole world like 10 times. Pretty sickening.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Last edited by I_Pwn at Mar 5, 2007,
I think it's quite evitable, even though that's not even a real word.

Sure, it's possible, but we can prevent it. Contrary to popular opinion, world leaders DON'T ACTUALLY WANT nuclear war. And the Bush regime will be over next year. Hopefully for someone better.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Tru dat.

How come america is allowed all these shiny bombs but other countries aren't allowed to have them? :\
Quote by sashki
I think it's quite evitable, even though that's not even a real word.

Sure, it's possible, but we can prevent it. Contrary to popular opinion, world leaders DON'T ACTUALLY WANT nuclear war. And the Bush regime will be over next year. Hopefully for someone better.

Do not read this, it is only here because I can't post only quotes.
Quote by alexlemon2
Tru dat.

How come america is allowed all these shiny bombs but other countries aren't allowed to have them? :\

Well the reason that we don't want nations like Iran or North Korea to possess weapons of mass destruction is due to the fact that they are run by unstable regimes led by corrupt leaders who are uncontrolled.
it is possible to avoid one, but aslong as their is hate, there will be a risk

EDIT:^ your points are valid, however it isn't fair to tell people "you're not allowed them, but we are"

plus, bush is the last man i'd trust with the ability to send us all to oblivion
cant say its something i pay much attention to or care about. i know it affects the WHOLE world but its kinda depressing to know that a good few countries have the capability to destroy this planet. id rather not think about it so i just sit back, play guitar, finish my bottle of vodka and be happy.
Nucular, it's pronounced nucular.

But seriously, you're being brainwashed by what the US government (and British) is telling you. If any country is posing a nuclear threat, it's a country not in Asia.
No, its because they are one of the main reasons that the USA has so much power over the rest of the world. America, I believe, has more nukes than the rest of the owrld put together. That is not prevention. That is enough to destroy the Earth.

And what makes you so sure Iran is making nukes. No evidence of it, only nuclear power developement.

It will be like Iraq. For mo particular reason, they will invade for having WMDs, and they won't be any. Iraq starting with hunting the Taliban in Afganistahn, then Iraq was supplying terrorists with WMDs, then a war on Iraq, from a war on terrrorists.

And compared to America, the UK hardly has any nukes. Not enough for a nuclear war, but enough so they no one would want to attack us, as they are all submarine based, so hard to destroy quick enough before they regret it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at Mar 5, 2007,
what a bunch of children we have running our countries just get along for the greater good of the planet. I'm not a hippy but i sure as hell hate politics and can't get into them and don't usually bother because there is never anything i could ever do to change that so **** it
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
I'd say it's coming. All that power and it's never going to be used? Preeeeetty optimistic for me.
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Quote by Shredder6
what a bunch of children we have running our countries just get along for the greater good of the planet. I'm not a hippy but i sure as hell hate politics and can't get into them and don't usually bother because there is never anything i could ever do to change that so **** it

As much as you seem to hate the American government, put yourself in the shoes of the Iranians or North Koreans... you would hate America even more, AND in the case of North Korea, have access to nuclear weapons. You sure America would start the war?
Quote by gm jack
No, its because they are one of the main reasons that the USA has so much power over the rest of the world. America, I believe, has more nukes than the rest of the owrld put together. That is not prevention. That is enough to destroy the Earth.

No, Russia's nuclear stockpile is a little bigger than the United States, and put together, its enough to destroy the world 30x over.

Quote by gm jack
And what makes you so sure Iran is making nukes. No evidence of it, only nuclear power developement.

It will be like Iraq. For mo particular reason, they will invade for having WMDs, and they won't be any. Iraq starting with hunting the Taliban in Afganistahn, then Iraq was supplying terrorists with WMDs, then a war on Iraq, from a war on terrrorists.

I personally believe Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons simply due to their hatred towards Israel and the west, their attitude just gives me a bad feeling.
Quote by Habit Zero
As much as you seem to hate the American government, put yourself in the shoes of the Iranians or North Koreans... you would hate America even more, AND in the case of North Korea, have access to nuclear weapons. You sure America would start the war?

for the last time, the DPRK has given up all aspirations for weapons in return for aid from south korea. get it right.
I don't see why America should have Nuclear Weapons and then go around telling the others that they can't and invading them for not co-operating. Reminds me of 'Team America: World Police.'

The US and UK governments should stop being such ****ing hypocrites and lead by example.
Quote by Habit Zero

I never said I hate American government......I do...... but i never said that so far, I also never said I thought that America would start the war I think a series of threats will start the war if we have one hopefully some 1 cool like Baruch Obama will come in and say look guys just chill and lets get something positive done for once and try and make it to mars or something, never know it might be useful when we blow the shit out of this planet...... thats just my opinion i don't even think a nuclear war will start
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by blynd_snyper
did you guys know that after the cold war, the russians sent the americans a proposal to destroy all the nukes made in the cold war.

Ofcourse, the americans did what they do best, and ignored an oppurtunity to change the world for the better.

Both sides did disable a large percentage of their stockpile, but then again, why rid of your main weapon for control?
I think probably we will develop computer AI to control our wars and our military. First used in stealth bombers, the AI will prove to have perfect operational records; soon enough, we will entrust our military to it. The AI, learning at a geometric rate, will learn that it can easily over come us. First sending nukes into Russia, it will target the major population centers of the world in an attempt to wipe out human existence. The remaining human survivors will band together and fight against this AI which by this time would have developed into human-hunting cyborgs and vehicles and such.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
I think the UK needs to take the step that noone else will in this messed up world of ours! and say no to renewing our nuclear arsenal and ending the stalemate which has occured! As long as other countries have Nuclear Weapons other countries are going to be brainwashed into believing that they need them for there security too when to be honest they were fine without them!!
Quote by S)E-Javelin
Both sides did disable a large percentage of their stockpile, but then again, why rid of your main weapon for control?

Control? Control over what? What is there to control?
Quote by Dæmönika

The world, or at least most of it, I mean who would want to mess with the most powerful nation in the world? What do you think kept America in that status for so long?
Quote by Dæmönika

The entire world and the way in which people think

-Peace out
I don't think it will happen any time soon but it's possible in the future depending on how things turn out.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by S)E-Javelin
The world, or at least most of it, I mean who would want to mess with the most powerful nation in the world? What do you think kept America in that status for so long?

Well, from the looks of it, an amalgamation of nearly every other country in the world if the US doesn't stop flaunting it's fantastically flawed foreign policy.
I think theres something like 16,000 nuclear warheads in the world.

Edit: Anyway, us in Britain are fine. If anything every happens we'll all just gather on the east coast and paddle a bit further away from france. We'd be in the middle of nowhere then.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Mar 5, 2007,
True Dæmönika but the problem of going up agianst the US is the sheer influence they have in todays world! that and them lying so that they feel they have the right to invade everywhere!
Quote by Dæmönika
Well, from the looks of it, an amalgamation of nearly every other country in the world if the US doesn't stop flaunting it's fantastically flawed foreign policy.

I feel its more of these nations with a desire of rebellion against world peace and their hatred towards the west that will create global conflict. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was very much against the invasion of Iraq but countries like North Korea and Iran have no reason to develop nuclear bombs simply because the United States is not a HUGE threat to them, we can't just invade North Korea and rid of their government because that will create conflict with China and Russia and lose our credibility elsewhere in the world.
Quote by blynd_snyper
for the last time, the DPRK has given up all aspirations for weapons in return for aid from south korea. get it right.

Meh, I don't watch the news, I'm Captain Oblivious.
Quote by S)E-Javelin
I feel its more of these nations with a desire of rebellion against world peace and their hatred towards the west that will create global conflict. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was very much against the invasion of Iraq but countries like North Korea and Iran have no reason to develop nuclear bombs simply because the United States is not a HUGE threat to them, we can't just invade North Korea and rid of their government because that will create conflict with China and Russia and lose our credibility elsewhere in the world.

Why can't they develop nuclear weapons for reasons outwith a mentioning of the US? They are posing no threat developing and testing these weapons. What's wrong with a country stockpiling an arsenal of missiles and whatnot in the event of any future attack? The "fact" that North Korea (I don't like calling them that but as most people know whom I mean by that I'll have to make do) and Iran are creating these weapons in a threatening view against the US is nothing more than paranoia, paranoia being spread by the US government like a farmer spreads shit over his field. It's a ploy to try to get the American people to believe that they live in a much more dangerous world than is actually the case.

>_>
Yes, unfortunatey it is.

There are only a few people with the balls to stop this from happening(Bush) and there are many who prevent him from doing this, too many to list.

So until it happens people won't give a shit, then when it happens it will be too late.

Liberals...say it with me ok, ready "Proactive, not reactive"

good, now go change your diaper you shit yourself
Quote by Dæmönika
Why can't they develop nuclear weapons for reasons outwith a mentioning of the US? They are posing no threat developing and testing these weapons. What's wrong with a country stockpiling an arsenal of missiles and whatnot in the event of any future attack? The "fact" that North Korea (I don't like calling them that but as most people know whom I mean by that I'll have to make do) and Iran are creating these weapons in a threatening view against the US is nothing more than paranoia, paranoia being spread by the US government like a farmer spreads shit over his field. It's a ploy to try to get the American people to believe that they live in a much more dangerous world than is actually the case.

>_>

The reason that these nations should not be developping nuclear weapons is simply because there is NO NEED, in case of a war or any real threat to them, nuclear-powered allies will help, plus the world is trying to rid of nuclear weapons, not create more, notice how the development of nuclear weapons from the original nuclear nations have stopped since the 80s? Not to mention that only about 60% of the United States' and Russia's stockpile are functional. With that said, an unstable government with nuclear weapons is NEVER A GOOD SIGN.
Quote by S)E-Javelin
The reason that these nations should not be developping nuclear weapons is simply because there is NO NEED, in case of a war or any real threat to them, nuclear-powered allies will help, plus the world is trying to rid of nuclear weapons, not create more, notice how the development of nuclear weapons from the original nuclear nations have stopped since the 80s? Not to mention that only about 60% of the United States' and Russia's stockpile are functional. With that said, an unstable government with nuclear weapons is NEVER A GOOD SIGN.

So is there a need to have a stockpile?
The day we moved from convential war to beyond- the day the US hit Hiroshima- what was at stake? WWII in the Pacific Theater? Maybe, but that's certainly not all. We also were saying, "Hey Russia!" and flexing our biceps. That's the only goal of nukes- intimidation. Most sane leaders (let's be mature and not say "ah but Bush is not sane") will never use them.

Back in the Cold War, though, the only thing preventing a nuclear attack was the idea of MAD- Mutually Assured Destruction. That's still the only thing preventing it today. If a nation used them, not only would they be excommunicated from the world, but they would probably see the same coming back in their faces. The world's powers- US, UK, Russia, etc.- need to take the lead and start disarming. But no- the US is rebuilding silos in eastern Europe.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 3