Hey everyone!
This is my first recording ever! So please be kind, but dont hold anything back, as long as it is constructive critisism.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it! Here!

By the way, I realise that we need another singer, and that bass part in the middle should be changed.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Fretless bass. Cool. Some of the bass notes seem a little dissonant. I don't know if that was your intention, but it's cool anyway. I see where you're going with the bass instrumental, and when you fix it up it will be cool. Guitar isn't particularly interesting, but it does the job. Why don't you both consider just learning to sing? I certainly prefer my lyrics to come out of my mouth, but I guess that's up to you. Anyway, good job. Keep working.

Crit mine?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535845
Quote by fleaflicker182
Fretless bass. Cool. Some of the bass notes seem a little dissonant. I don't know if that was your intention, but it's cool anyway. I see where you're going with the bass instrumental, and when you fix it up it will be cool. Guitar isn't particularly interesting, but it does the job. Why don't you both consider just learning to sing? I certainly prefer my lyrics to come out of my mouth, but I guess that's up to you. Anyway, good job. Keep working.

Crit mine?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535845

Critted.

Thank you. Yes, there are some things that could be done better, especially the bass part, but we will properly re-record, when we record our next songs.
And about the singing, that would be really cool, but Im not really sure if any of us are capable of it.
Thanks very much for critting my 'Futureal' by the way, it is more difficult than it sounds, with a scorching tempo of 205bpm. And good taste in music also!

I've listened to your song, and it's quite catchy really! well done. From a technical point of view it sounds spot on, but i think the voice could be a little louder, and the bass maybe a touch quieter. The guitar sounded ok, but the real beautiful live 'ringing' sort of sound that you can get with an acoustic seemed to be missing a bit.

But don't get me wrong, it was still very good though!
Quote by Peter12345
Thanks very much for critting my 'Futureal' by the way, it is more difficult than it sounds, with a scorching tempo of 205bpm. And good taste in music also!

I've listened to your song, and it's quite catchy really! well done. From a technical point of view it sounds spot on, but i think the voice could be a little louder, and the bass maybe a touch quieter. The guitar sounded ok, but the real beautiful live 'ringing' sort of sound that you can get with an acoustic seemed to be missing a bit.

But don't get me wrong, it was still very good though!

I agree with you, there are somethings that should be change. But things like getting a really beautiful guitar sound, is really hard, because we dont have very good recording equipment at all. But I hope it didnt ruin the song?

Anyways thanks for critting, its always usefull!
the lyrics could use a little work. try too use more imagery. overall, sweet acoustic rock tune, and thanks for the crit.
Too cool for a signature.
I thought it was great for your first recording. Pretty good quality, and vocals are good. I liked the bass even with the few dissonant notes - emotion. I thought it was very good. It flowed pretty nicely. I think there may have been a few mic pops, but these can be removed. Overall you did a good job. It's a good acoustic rock tune. Keep it up. Mind critting mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522091
Good acoustic guitar there. Loving the bass... I think you need to work on the vocals. You hit the right notes pretty well, but your voice sounded a bit lazy so to speak. It's a pretty good song, but you need to keep practicing. Keep it up!
it was alright. Didnt like the lyrics. i liked the bass it worked nicely. Guitar wasnt anything special.

what did you use to record this? A computer program? If so, what was it?
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by 'StoleN'
it was alright. Didnt like the lyrics. i liked the bass it worked nicely. Guitar wasnt anything special.

what did you use to record this? A computer program? If so, what was it?

We used the normal sound recorder that comes with windows, and a web cam to record through... Nothing special!
i like it, nice and mellow (my style) haha. i like the vocals but you guys could sing louder with more confidence, and yeah well you know.
#99 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.

the doors, led zeppelin, grateful dead, rolling stones, yes, yardbirds, neil young ,csny, elo, elp
Sounds cool, sound quality could be improved/method of recording. But it has a nice straighforward, simplistic feel to it.
Last edited by NeptuneUK at Mar 12, 2007,