right my amp is being repaired and the 12" speaker is broken essentially.i need to get a new speaker/speakers so i rang the guy and asked would 2x10" speakers fit in the amp and he reckoned no (but didnt have the amp closeby to check) so my heart broke.

i was set on getting 2 jensen P10R speakers and puttin them in there.he reckoned i could probably get 2x8" in there so i was thinkin 2 jensen P8R speakers instead.

anyway the amp is a vintage Teisco combo its about 15watts tube output. is the small speaker size really too small for me?

i play indie,experimental, blues and so on. no metal and pretty much dont get heavier than White Stripes with a big muff.

so opinions wanted please!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

i dont mean to be sarcastic but if the amps fitted for 12 inch speakers, i dont really understand how you thought 10 inch ones would fit.

i suggest some celestions, perhaps celestion blue or greenbacks might suit what you want - go on http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/features/tone/index.asp and thatll help you choose between the selection (they have audio samples)
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
if it were my amp, I'd probably get a Celestion Alnico Blue since they are 12" and rated at 15w
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
i dont mean to be sarcastic but if the amps fitted for 12 inch speakers, i dont really understand how you thought 10 inch ones would fit.

well the cab looks like it could fit 2 10s in it,cos theres extra room at each side and i was gonna put em in diagnolly too.

anyway ill have a look at those,but more suggestions welcome.maybe not celestion? any other good brands?
oh yeah the amp is 16ohms.

EDIT:
http://www.thomann.de/ie/celestion_g12h3016.htm i did the tone selector thing on Celestion website and this is what i got.also i need 30watt handling cos in the future sometime i wanna have the option of gettin a head to use with this amp (such as a Vox AC30).

anyway is that Celestion any good?any other ideas
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Last edited by buzz at Mar 5, 2007,