So, after that Marshall MG amp thread, I don't think it's a good idea anymore. So what should I do with $500 possibly $1000? I like the sounds of a tube amp and I like Marshalls. So what should I do? Any help is good. Thanks...
Go to your local guitar store and try out all the tube amps in your price range, using your guitar or one just like it, and see which one you like best. That is what I always say, and I'm still right.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
What kind of music?

I like Chili Pepper stuff, funk, John Mayer, Hendrix, grunge. Pretty much everything except shred, metal, and country.
for blues rock check out the CRATE Palomino series....those are legit, even though the general opinion is that Crate is mediocre
JCM900 4102.

I have it and can personally vouch for it. It can pretty much hit most those tones right on.
what are some of the stats on those? the crate and JCM900?

like price, watts, stuff like that?
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
check out Fender's tube amps. you could get anything from a Hot Rod Deluxe or Deville or a Deluxe Reberb. You could also look for a used Twin Reverb Reissue in that price range...mmmm....pure tube goodness....
Quote by kurdtkobaign
JCM900 4102.

I have it and can personally vouch for it. It can pretty much hit most those tones right on.

Yeah? I was thinking a JCM 800....what tones does the 900 fetch?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by kurdtkobaign
JCM900 4102.

NO!!! Not the 900... It got great cleans though... But otherwise... its a amp made for heavier music... like metal.

How about the JCM800? that would be good for you, i think
Basicly, the JCM900 is a JCM800 but with alot more gain.
Think of it
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Quote by Thewolf_and_man
NO!!! Not the 900... It got great cleans though... But otherwise... its a amp made for heavier music... like metal.

Think of it

Ehhh...how bout youre retarded? Who said you have to have the gain on z0MgZ0rZ 3L3V3N!!!~!~1!!@@ONE~!@~!@# all the time? MADE for METAL? HAHA...get over yourself plz

kthxbai

Quote by Yngwi3
Yeah? I was thinking a JCM 800....what tones does the 900 fetch?

The 900 is basically an 800 with more gain. Which means slightly better low volume tones. With the gain down its teh perfect classic rock machine, but if you need more saturation for leads youve got it right there on the amp so you dont always need to screw up your tone with an OD pedal.
Quote by Thewolf_and_man

Think of it

This is coming from the same guy that said a JCM 800 can't do Metallica tones, when we all very well know it was the amp used on their early thrash albums
My Gear

Guitars:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Standard Strat

Cort Acoustic

Amp:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 201

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
@ Andy.

I say go check out a Jcm 900 for sure.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Thewolf_and_man

Which is another thing...if its an 800 with more gain...why not go with the 900? You never know when you might need the extra gain. Musical styles change very fast...mine change weekly! Sometimes Im playin John Mayer and then a few days later Im playin the Bled. Just another thing to think about...
Go to as many music stores as you can and try out every tube amp in your price range until your fingers are bleeding. No one knows what sound you'll like but you.

For advice I'd say you can't go wrong with a Fender. Nicest sounding cleans in the business. You can get a Hot Rod or a Deluxe Reverb for decent prices nowadays, and the rest of the money you can save or use on a guitar or pedals. I'm gonna buy a Marshall JCM800 next, but I'm keeping my Fender because...damn it sounds good.
buy a marshall mg! i can personaly vouch for there awesomenesssssss!!! i cn gt mEtAliCa tnes ad stff... ZOMGZOMGZOMG! ijst membd hw las wek i plrayd rock wid it! its te SHIZ!! bro!! the SHIZ!!

lol i say go with the JCM 900, awesome marshalls!!
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Pignose aren't to be ruled out, also consider the MESA, if you can find one in the price range (used, obviously) i tried one out really quiet, and it still had good tone.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.