10 29%
Whether or not it is used by famous/your favorite guitarists
5 15%
Humbuckers?
12 35%
Single coil pickups?
4 12%
Voters: 34.
Ok you you go to which ever guitar store to buy your new guitar/bass or whatever....what do you look for most, and what makes you choose that particular instrument over all the others?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
looks, action, pickups, number of frets
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
/\ what he said. And i also see if it covers all my needs and how versatile it is generally, i check for any damage or sign of serious wear (cracks around neck etc.), i have a play around with it to see if its really for me & if so i consider buying it.

on that last point you kind of have a sentimental feeling sometimes that tells you whether you should buy it or not.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
A new guitar and bass.

But disregarding my idiotic post, I'd say all of them.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Last edited by Ex'sAndOh's at Mar 5, 2007,
Type of wood, contruction, overall feel, sound, wear and tear... also the names 'Schecter', 'Dean' and 'Gibson' get my juices flowing.
ok poll is added now - i tryed to put one on before but it didnt come up for some reason ...
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
looks, weight(i'm a glutton for punishment because I like a heavy guitar), is it comfortable to wear, what pick ups - what does it sound like, and then the price
My best advice is buy any Fender guitar. The second hand value of these things is the same as a new price, its rediculous! (and yes dont say oh but a 1960's strat is worth loads!) you know what i mean. They hold their value well.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
How easy it is to play sitting down/up, how much it has been played in the shop or its condition, sound of course, how well he straps hold on, and of course i bring in my amp and see how it sounds on there to close the deal.
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Checked everything except single coils xD
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I'll pick up a guitar in a store, play a few riffs, scales following, the guitars "feel" is very important aspect for me. tones; I play both neck and bridge pu also depending if its HSH config, I'll play all pu posisitions at different volumes/tone knob settings, seeing what types of sounds it can produce, sustain I always look for, I dont care how it looks but if its seriously lookin ODD then I'll see what other kinds of finishes they got, I really dont care about price, not to big of an issue for me, i like guitars that have a balanced weight, i hate having to stand up, take my hands off my guitar and have my damn headstock hit the floor like a sack of potatoes, same for the body, headstock could whip me in the head
When I go out shopping for a guitar I look for my wallet.. I take a peak in it, then I leave the store soaked in tears and cold sweat hoping for the lottery to knock on my door.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.