I use pinch harmonics frequently, is it true that using them can blow up an amp?

also, what are some cool ideas, or maybe some riffs, about how to write music with pinch harmonics?
I've never heard that about the amps, though I think I'll go deaf using them with headphones plugged in.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
the "zakk wylde pinch" pinch it, hold, then big time vibrato
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Your obligation to this site was to read the rules of the forums which you havent read obviously. The newbie forum is for welcoming members in the Hi thread and for website questions only.
But thats cool. I'll help you out.. You could go to the guitar related forums in which you will definately get more help and you can discuss anything related to guitars..
You can go to the :Guitar & Bass Basics forum, Electric Guitar forum, or even to musician talk to talk about the pinch harmonics or their technics and stuff.

I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Mar 5, 2007,
The newbie forum is also for people still unsure of the rest of the forums. Here they can ask a question they're not sure where it should go, or if they'll sound stupid, and so can receive a polite response here, rather than be insulted somewhere else.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
So thats what I did.. I ensured him/her this was the wrong forum and I pointed him out to the correct ones reminding him to read the rules before posting, it's important..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by ntchode
I use pinch harmonics frequently, is it true that using them can blow up an amp?

also, what are some cool ideas, or maybe some riffs, about how to write music with pinch harmonics?

lmao
I am Cool Thanks for listening.
Alot of Zakk Wylde stuff has it and then there is also alot of PH in lynyrd skynyrd music too.
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
im pretty sure they dont blow amps up, otherwise mine would be toasted! and people wouldnt use them i dont think...

um you try doing some pinch harmonics and doing crazy vibrato with a whammy bar if you have one..

also try hitting pich harmonics while holding a chord shape and strum a pinch harmonic.. it sounds cool..
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by Dinkydaisy
The newbie forum is also for people still unsure of the rest of the forums. Here they can ask a question they're not sure where it should go, or if they'll sound stupid, and so can receive a polite response here, rather than be insulted somewhere else.

partially true. if they aren't sure where to put a thread, they can make one here asking "where can i talk about such and such?", but just posting random threads here because you don't know where they should go isn't what this forum is for.

ntchode: your first question sounds like a complete myth to me. for advice on how to use pinch harmonics, please see the guitar related forums like Necrolust suggested, or maybe even the lessons here on UG. they might have some info or suggestions you'd find useful.

varga88: 'lmao' is a pointless response to this thread, so it is spam. either post constructively or don't post at all.
from daylight...
...into darkness