Page 1 of 2
what should I expect? Lots of skinheads? I dont want to have any trouble...
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
do skinheads go to dkm concerts?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
yeah, i can see there being alot of douches...but none that would probably overtly exercise their duchebagness and probably no skins....
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

A bunch of vaguely Irish american kids who've never been out of the country, let alone to Ireland trying to get in touch with their roots by being beligerint morons.

It's good times. You'll have fun.
Man, i wish i was more into my irish roots, they look like they have fun...I'm more into the Italian side i suppose...Mafia's are pretty good time though
Quote by BrianApocalypse

when I went to see DKM (only to not be able to get into the club due to flyers with incorrect age restriction information), the crowd was a bit odd. Given, at a show of that size you will see an array of people, goofy or not, but I won't lie to you and say I didn't see a ridiculous amount of kilts. haha.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
so are bagpipes...

edit: dkm are a guitly pleasure for me i guess. i saw the departed and they played that one song over and over and i love that song...damn dkm and their irishness...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by teenage riot
Why would their be kilts at a Dropkick Murphy's gig that's a Scottish thing?

Quote by mike2
so are bagpipes...

. .
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
bagpipes are scottish...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

well, i think they were really invented in the middle east...and they are used by most the british empire. but mostly scottish...irish do use it though too...so...yeah...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
Man, i wish i was more into my irish roots, they look like they have fun...I'm more into the Italian side i suppose...Mafia's are pretty good time though

I have an interesting story about the Mafia.

One time I got into a big argument with this kid, and he said he was going to get his uncle, who was the local don, to put a hit on me, and said "your'a guts will fall out like spaghetti"

I stayed up all night worrying about being cut in half with a tommy gun.

Turns out he was lying.

I got him back though, we splashed water over me in science, so the next day I brought in washing up liquid, and squirted him with it.

There's nothing worse than being wet AND soapy for the entire day.
i actually found out my italian side is not from the mafia at all. we just owned grocery stores in chicago...yeah...it wasn't a front, just to tell ya. my irish side though, were in the irish mafia back in the day, there is this portrait of one of my relatives with a suit and a cap'n' crunch admiral hat all fancied up. he got shot in the chest. although my uncle tony in the city owns a funeral home and is very wealthy...hm...should give me some money...damn it...i don't care if it is dirty money...jp...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

most out where i live do actually. that or polish...o god after seeing the departed though, i never want to go to boston...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I don't have any irish heritage.

I'm 94% Anglo Saxon (oi! to the working class!) and 6% Spanish (the lazy get no Oi!)
i think i got some brit in me...not sure about that though, might just gotten all mixed up in the irishness...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Thinking about it, I must have some irish blood.

In the 19th century, Irish workers got shipped in to factories when the english went on strike, I reckon some ugly f*cker in my family raped and knocked up an ugly as f*ck poor irish girl, and the rest is history.

On a side note, when people extract the michael out of my genetic background... that is racism, right?
sure...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

michael? is that me or an irish thing...? that is what i got confused on...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

so...it is an name for the irish? yeah michael is biblical...i got a real biblical name myself my last name is italian for christ. too bad i am an atheist...they might have found out jesus had a son, maybe i am some form of that...idk...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

i'm still confused...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

yeah, I think michael is a fairly common name for an irish lad

"there was an old man called michael finnigan"

You can't argue with music.
well, i think it is more italian too...it is both for me...everyone of my itialian relatives are named pauly, michael, joeseph or anthony...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I got a shit load of irish in me. My aunt is always talkin about it. The only thing I picked up from it is drinkin (besides red hair, freckles, etc.)
Quote by mike2
most out where i live do actually. that or polish...o god after seeing the departed though, i never want to go to boston...

Boston's actually a really clean, safe city (compared to...I dunno...NYC). It's also a really cool place.

As for DKM, I'm sure you'll be fine, they're way too well known for their shows to be really dangerous with skins and the like. Have fun. Check out Street Dogs too, they're better.
Quote by drema
I got a shit load of irish in me. My aunt is always talkin about it. The only thing I picked up from it is drinkin (besides red hair, freckles, etc.)

wait...so...you got red hair and freckles? you are ginger?!
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I'm gonna make a T-shirt for St. Paddy's day saying:

I'm 100% Irish but I don't wan't to be kissed, I hate whiskey, I've never been in a fight, and I hate Green.

It's gonna be purple.
Quote by mike2
well, i think it is more italian too...it is both for me...everyone of my itialian relatives are named pauly, michael, joeseph or anthony...

Haha Pauly.

Classic italian name for ya.

I think Michael is kind of Italian too, I used to have a friend called Michael.

Not that I liked him much. He had one leg longer than the other!
Ha i was born in Ireland. All my family is in Ireland too. I guess i'm lucky i moved otherwise i'd be wearing a a tracksuit worth 5 euros and have one of those retarded pikie haircuts. Y'know, the ones where they shave their hair apart from the fringe.

Also, if you don't have AT LEAST 6 aunts and uncles, your family ain't Irish. Irish people have big big big familys.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Page 1 of 2