Page 1 of 2
lately, a lot of my friends have been telling me im anorexic, and I thought they were just joking, but its happened too much to just be coincedence.

im 5 foot 8, 120 pounds and I have a 27 inch waist. (im male btw)

Ive always thought of myself as fat, or at least quite chubby, and i diet a lot.

I just dont know whether to believe them or not...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yes. You are. I suggest seeking proffesional help. This isn't something to joke about.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Anorexic is when you dont eat due to fear of being fat. Do you eat?
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
look at the size of the pants you are wearing, then look at someone else who wears that same size pant and realize you are that small.
It is hard to get over, and if you are that worried you are best to talk to a professional about it.

And it is not necessary not eating, it is only eating an orange all day, compulsive exercising, constanly weighing yourself, not eating andthing bad, which maybe a piece of meat that is lean cos in your head you will put on weight. Be careful if that is the case.

Otherwise you may have a really really fast metabolism, and arent having enough food to keep up with it so are losing it cos of that.
Last edited by salemboicot at Mar 5, 2007,
How old are you? when I was about 15-16 i had grown from about 5"2 to 5"8 and it made me look really lanky... if that's why, your weight will probably even out. You are anorexic if you think you're fat and starving yourself, not because other people tell you you are.
Quote by Metallica708
Yes. You are. I suggest seeking proffesional help. This isn't something to joke about.

seconded
get to a doctor ASAP dude
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
well, I do the whole 'one meal a day' thing. And im 16, and my height hasnt changed suddenly.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
27" is well small. im slimish and athletic and im 32" im 5' 11" weigh 11st. just drink loads of milk and eat 4 weetabix or porridge on a morning, that'll do ya.
ur actual height and weight is fine, ur just skinny, like millions of ppl (including me: 6'1'' and 145pounds and a non existent waste). however dieting isnt really clever when ur skinny like tht (unless thts why ur skinny), and actually thinking ur chubby certainly isnt healthy. would seea doctor just for a chat anyway.

and shoot your friends
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Quote by rabidguitarist
well, I do the whole 'one meal a day' thing. And im 16, and my height hasnt changed suddenly.

wtf man. triple that
You are underweight. If you look at yourself in the mirror and see yourself as 'chubby", then you may have a problem. Either discipline yourself to eat more, of see a nutritionist or something. And don't diet ffs.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Yeah, you may be fooling yourself into thinking you aren't. You are definitely anorexic. Schedule a doctor's appointment now. But before that, don't change your eating habits suddenly, increase your intake a little bit, but not too much.
Quote by rabidguitarist

one meal a day thing? no wonder they think you're anorexic.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
27 isn't ridiculously small but if you think you are fat at that yeah you have some sort of problem... i'm 6'4" and have a 28" waist but i eat shitloads, i just have a really fast metabolism. Depends how much you eat/how quickly you're body deals with it

Edit - yeah, one meal a day = you're anorexic, seriously eat more and you'll be much healthier
Last edited by Meteorshower at Mar 5, 2007,
wow... this is quite a shock
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I don't know if it helps but I'm 5'9" and weigh just over 10 stone (140lbs I think) with a 30" waist.
Most nutrition guides suggest three to five meals per day, (depending on the size of the meal) in order to keep healthy metabolic processes.
ELV1S
I'm 5'7 and 127, but eat a ton. I guess its my metabolism, but yeah, I'm really freaking skinny. You sound like something is wrong with you.
Sounds like it to me *hugs for fellow anorexia sufferers*
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Dude I am 5'8 and 120 pounds and I know I am skinny as hell. I eat 2 meals per day (don't have time for breakfast) and I eat a SHIT load of junk food. I work out to try to make myself bigger but it just doesn't work....I just have skinny genes I guess.

Edit: I just measured my waist because you guys made me curious and I got 29 inches.
Last edited by Masamune at Mar 5, 2007,
Yeah you are. You knew the answer before you posted the question. LOL Wanted flames?
I eat a ton too, but lately it seems that I just don't put weight on. Wierd. But still, I think I'm pretty average.. not fat but not stick thin either.
I'm 5'9 120 pounds and also male, I eat like a pig purposly because I want to gain weight but I can't
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
I'm 6'1 and i only weigh 130, and im certainly not anorexic. There's a very real chance that you are, but don't go jumping to conclusions too quickly - your metabolism can do funny things when you're still in your teens. I recommend you just see a doctor about it, either way you'll get help.
Quote by Masamune
Dude I am 5'8 and 120 pounds and I know I am skinny as hell. I eat 2 meals per day (don't have time for breakfast) and I eat a SHIT load of junk food. I work out to try to make myself bigger but it just doesn't work....I just have skinny genes I guess.

Same.

6'2. Less than 9 stone. Can eat loads and I don't put on weight. Also do a fair bit of exercise, and still, underweight.

At least I'm gaining weight. Was at the point were, if I was in Africa, I'd get humanitarian aid.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i feel really wierd now. this is what ive thought of myself for ages.

i still dont believe that im anorexic. i cant be. because im not thin!!
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I'm 5'9 and have a 28" Waist, but i'm definitely not anorexic, although I do only have two meals a day, for some reason i find it sickly eating in the morning.

If you look in the mirror and think you're chubby if you have a 27" Waist then my guess is you're anorexic, but im no doctor lol.

You might as well go to a doctor just to check it out dude, but even if you are I wouldn't get too worried, you obviously realise you may have a problem and that's meant to be the hardest part about these types of things isnt it?

Good luck x
Quote by rabidguitarist

One a day?! I have six :\
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
I used to tell myself that....

Well get a doctors opinion all the same. They may be able to convince you you are thin.

EDIT: oh and everyone saying ' I eat like a horse but don't gain weight'... yeah, how old are you? its because you're growing upwards, not outwards. When you reach your full height you'll put on weight. Ever hear the expression lanky teenager?
Quote by rabidguitarist

Maybe you're a hypochondriac. Last week didn't you make a thread and you were wondering what was wrong with you and everyone said you had AIDS or Cancer and now, you're anorexic?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I'm 5'11 and 135, and i'm ridiculously skinny...so, yeah.
Quote by Shib

The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
Quote by metal4all
Maybe you're a hypochondriac. Last week didn't you make a thread and you were wondering what was wrong with you and everyone said you had AIDS or Cancer and now, you're anorexic?

I know what happened last week. I almost fainted because of starvation.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
I know what happened last week. I almost fainted because of starvation.

Oh, well shit there's your answer. Go to a doctor and tell him/her what's up and EAT.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by rabidguitarist

Please dude... I know you may not think you are, but please PLEASE go and check with a doctor. Seriously. This ISN'T something to screw with.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I used to tell myself that....

Well get a doctors opinion all the same. They may be able to convince you you are thin.

EDIT: oh and everyone saying ' I eat like a horse but don't gain weight'... yeah, how old are you? its because you're growing upwards, not outwards. When you reach your full height you'll put on weight. Ever hear the expression lanky teenager?

I'm 18 and I am pretty sure I am close to my full height.
For your height you should be at least 140 pounds (and even that's cutting it).

I don't think it's healthy for you to consider yourself chubby. Better to tackle the problem earlier than late.

If you're questioning yourself already, then you're half way there.

Good luck man!
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Quote by rabidguitarist

You're 120 pounds and 5'8? you are skinny

So yes, I do believe you're anorexic
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
you think your fat, you eat once a day, you almost faint due to starvation. sounds like a problem to me. instead of not eating, why dont you eat alot and go to the gym. therefore, you wont be unhealthy(skinny + underfed) you can be "athletic," which is thin but muscular. its a good way to go plus you are missing out on some delicious food out there.
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
Quote by DrkNTwstd
you think your fat, you eat once a day, you almost faint due to starvation. sounds like a problem to me. instead of not eating, why dont you eat alot and go to the gym. therefore, you wont be unhealthy(skinny + underfed) you can be "athletic," which is thin but muscular. its a good way to go plus you are missing out on some delicious food out there.

ive started doing a lot more exercising lately, because the dieting hasnt lost me much weight.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Page 1 of 2