I always like my tuning half a step down from standard, same applies for drop D tuning. What about y'all?
Quote by obey_yourmaster
Drop C

---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
E Standard.

and DADGAD
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
standard and Drop D(eBGDAD from high to low)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Standard. Any drop tunings screw up your neck unless your guitar is specifically built for low tension string tunings.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

Quote by musicology
Standard. Any drop tunings screw up your neck unless your guitar is specifically built for low tension string tunings.

where u got that information is incorrect.
It's just how wood and metal react to tension. It's basic stress/reactive impulse physics. Unless you're dealing with a titanium truss rod and a solid hickory neck, dramatic string tensions will warp your neck because of the inertia (resistance to change) of strings. Each string is pulling on your neck, and if you have drop-tuned strings that exert exponentially less tension than other strings, then your truss rod and your wood will warp and destroy your neck, creating fret buzz and incurable action problems. Certain guitars have specifically designed necks and truss rods that compensate for drop tunings, but other than that keeping your guitar in a non-standard tuning is detrimental to the life of the guitar.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

I like Standard and Drop D, but also a Step down and Drop C. I don't really like 1/2 step down that much... If I'm daring I'll go down to Drop A.
Quote by skimbleshanks
who cares... that thread didnt exist when i first came here.

Who cares? Me. Use the search function.

BTW: You joined March of 2007, that thread was made 09-14-2006. So yes, that thread did exist.

You have to make a few adjustments, but it by no means screws up your neck. Besides, when you use a drop tuning, you usually move to a higher gauge string, which has the effect of balancing the tension.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Last edited by Jongpil Yun at Mar 5, 2007,
standard E and drop D & standard D and drop C .... basically

and drop tuning doesnt mess up ur neck, unless u treat ur guitar badly, then it can mess it up
Always standard. I never change it, I dont see the need.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Standard (E) for most rock stuff, Drop D for hardcore, and for metal I love to tune two steps down, to C.
Eb Standard

It makes it easier for me to sing more songs .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
open g major
not really.
E and Eb standard
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

full step down from standard for now

i change my tuning alot
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by FacingUsAll
Eb Standard

It makes it easier for me to sing more songs .

+1

Eb > all of your death metal tunings.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
+1

Eb > all of your death metal tunings.

i used to use half step for lots of GNR stuff, then i went to drop b of slipknot, now im in whole step down for COB.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
E-standard and occasionally drop-D. It really depends on what song im learning tho
Quote by Waterboy799

i used to use half step for lots of GNR stuff, then i went to drop b of slipknot, now im in whole step down for COB.

I started using Eb after playing some GnR covers...didn't sound right unless you put it on Eb tuning...

From then on, i really liked the of the tension and it sounds quite nice.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R