ok well this may sound a little noobish but i got a new amp a couple months ago its a behringer 180 watt. and its pretty good but i dont know what im supposed to do with the EQ thing. it has like 6 little sliding buttons that changes the sound. how should i position them to get the best sound possible?
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
The EQ controls the sound. Like there is no "perfect" setting. It all has to do with what you want the sound to sound like... Like if your going for a Blues sound it will be completely different that like a Metal sound... Also messing with the EQ, if you dont know what your doing, can seriously jack up the sound. Nothing permanent but it can be a bitch to undo
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
well its 2 channel so i use the distortion channel when i want a metal sound. so should i leave them all in the middle if i just like a classic rock sound
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Usually you can ask around if there is a certain sound you would prefer to obtain. For example, most punk bassists make it more of a frowny shape.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
thanks guys
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side