Hey guys, I'm a noob guitarist, and I'm an even noobier bassist. But I'm trying to pick both instruments up so I'm looking for a new bass to buy. Right now I'm looking at an epiphone eb-3 bass that I can get new for 200$ and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the model. If anyone would reccommend it, or something better that I could get for the price.

Unfortunately I can't stay to chat about it, I have a guitar lesson. I'll be back in about an hour so peace until then

thx,
bushi
Ibanez has some damn good starter packs...you should check them out
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
IBANEZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
yay lol
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Alright if you're only looking for a bass then I suggest the Ibanez GSR200. If you want a bass and amp then an Ibanez starter pack is the way to go. I'm assuming you have a guitar amp since you said you play guitar so if you get just the bass you could play bass through that at low volumes until you can get a bass amp.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

+1 on the Ibanez GSR200. i think almost half of us started on one it seems. Since you have a guitar amp, don't buy a McShitty bass amp, save for an alright one. Some other brands to look into would be Squier and Fender (used maybe?), always solid choices. I'm not familiar with the ed-3, so I can't really help you with advice on that one.
I also suggest an Ibanez starter pack, or GSR200. Either one of those, or an ESP/LTD F104, I have one and love it to death. It may be a little out of your price range ($299.99). If you buy it, you'll be nothing but pleased with it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I'm on the GSR-190 (the starter pack) and I just love it. I've had it since last September and the only problem I've had was a wire inside snapping .. I glued it back on (yeah really handy...yeahno) and it's been fine since. But seriously, it plays very well if you're not going to be using it for gigs or anything quite yet.
i'm not looking for anything for gigs, but I already have an amp... and sry guys I'm a teenager on a very limited budget, so when I say $200, I can't go any higher... maybe $250, but that's it. I know I won't get a very top-end bass for that much money, but it will get me along learning until I'm more certain I'll stick to it (so far I've been hooked to my guitar)
If you're a beginner i wouldn't buy an epiphone bass, they've got really short necks and can be quite misleading as a first bass, most basses are considerably bigger so buy something full size first.