This is the email that I recieved from them this afternoon after ordering my epiphone les paul elitist

Thank you for ordering with Thomann and your confidence
in our products and services.

************************Important Information*************************

Sorry, but due to high value and nature of items ordered we would need
further card confirmation to proceed.

We would ask you to provide us with a copy of the front and back of
your card to prove that the card has not been cloned, along with some form
of identification, examples of accepted I.D. would be;

1. A Copy of a photo drivers license
2. A Copy of your passport
3. A Copy of the header of your credit card statement or Utility bill
showing your address details

Please note both the copy of the card and ID are needed to proceed with
the order, understandably we do advise customers to blank out the
middle 8 numbers on the card, along with the CVC code on the back to avoid
any concerns regarding Fraud.

Please send all details via e-mail - International@thomann.de or via
Fax - 0049 9546 9223 24 **Quoting your Customer number at all times** for
the Attention of Edd

This is a one-off request, and if you are asked again for informaiton
of this kind on future orders please notifiy us immediately!

**Alternatively as a second option, I could offer bank transfer payment
including a 2% discount, please advise how you would like to proceed!**

Please go thru this order confirmation and check that all the
products are listed right and have the correct quantities.

The prices are made to a round figure in Euros and contain your
local tax (unless you have supplied us a valid tax number or the
shipment is going outside of European Union):

A 20%, DK 25%, FIN 22%, GB 17.5%, IRL 21%, NL 19%, SWE 25%

If you find any mistakes, please contact us immediately as
return shipments can be costly.
Please accept our apologies for the product description being
only available in German at the moment.

Then it went on to list the items that i had bought. I just dont buy it, i mean first of all he spells through as thru, i mean who in the right mind spells it like that in a "formal" letter. Any thoughts?
Thats trickey man, I would say it's a scame. But you better get a more highly intelligent individual than me to tell you what to do
ive bought from them and never had any problems. But the most ive spent is £300 and they never asked for further confirmation.

I cant see the difference (apart from price) in ordering a £5 harmonica or a £1000 guitar, should all be a secure transaction.
Any phone number you can call instead?
lost and confused,
focused on the obscured.

(\__/) (`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ | ¸.·'´¸.·'´¸.·'´
(o.0 ) (´¨`·.¸¸~MoRBiDThOuGhTs~¸¸.·´¨`)
(> < ) (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ | `'·.¸`'·.¸`'·.¸
"They" are trying to scam you, just send them a nice littl letter to f**k off and stop trying to scam people. Then buy from a site you know you can trust.
Sounds like a scam to me, but Thomman have always been trustworthy.
I've ordered loads of stuff from them, and they have always been reliable and cheap.
Maybe it's a gimmick email sent by them as a joke.
Email them yourselves to sort out the problem, outlining your concerns etc.
They want your money, so they will reply!
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by dark_asylum
Any phone number you can call instead?

Yeah, theres one on the website and im gonna call them in the morning.
Don't worry, I first thought that when I first ordered off of Thomann.
They are a HUGE company, they just need confirmation so they themselves don't get scammed. I had to show them a pic of my cred card when I ordered my EC-1000 from there, it's totally safe.
And the spelling of thru is because they are German based and you will notice a few small spelling errors throughout the whole website as it is not their first language
^^
Edit: By the way you can blur out the personal stuff that's what i did
"Please note both the copy of the card and ID are needed to proceed with
the order, understandably we do advise customers to blank out the
middle 8 numbers on the card, along with the CVC code on the back to avoid
any concerns regarding Fraud."
Last edited by CyanideChris at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by david_safc
This is the email that I recieved from them this afternoon after ordering my epiphone les paul elitist

Then it went on to list the items that i had bought. I just dont buy it, i mean first of all he spells through as thru, i mean who in the right mind spells it like that in a "formal" letter. Any thoughts?

The two guys who handle the stuff in english are laid back musicians.

What do you expect? Oxford graduates?

Just scan your passport, safest bet.

EDIT: I'll ask my lecturer tomorrow, he knows the guys and ordered everything for the studio from there.
Quote by The Novice
"They" are trying to scam you, just send them a nice littl letter to f**k off and stop trying to scam people. Then buy from a site you know you can trust.

Its the only shop i can get this guitar from as theyve been discontinued.
Quote by david_safc
Its the only shop i can get this guitar from as theyve been discontinued.

Ahh ok, I've dealt with such problems myself but someone had obviously send them a picture so I dunno. It's up to you.. is the guitar worth the risk?
Quote by cool#9
Call the place that sent it to you. That looks fishy to me **Alternatively as a second option, I could offer bank transfer payment ** What kind of company refers to itself as I. . .?

It's I as in the individual, as opposed to "we" as in the company. I reckon they get paid when they sell stuff, can't remember what it's called.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
It's I as in the individual, as opposed to "we" as in the company. I reckon they get paid when they sell stuff, can't remember what it's called.

That would be commission And ive got my mind set on this guitar, i will be damn annoyed if i cant get it.
Quote by cool#9
Call the place that sent it to you. That looks fishy to me **Alternatively as a second option, I could offer bank transfer payment ** What kind of company refers to itself as I. . .?

I think i will call in the morning, but its a german number, so it will cost me a fortune
^ yeah, that's the one

EDIT: one possible solution for the phone call would be to phone the front desk and have them call you back, because "the line's busy" or "the phones broke"
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
^ yeah, that's the one

EDIT: one possible solution for the phone call would be to phone the front desk and have them call you back, because "the line's busy" or "the phones broke"

lol good idea i may try it :P
DONT DO IT!!! There is absolutley NO reason they need any more info than the cardholder's name and the number on the card, and of course where to send it. Let them know this and if they insist cancel your order and buy from someone else.
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Havent had a chance to call them today, so im going to tomorrow, i just thought id bump this thread to see if they asked anyone else to provide this information?
how about trying Zzounds, thats were i got my guitar, perfectly safe, although if my cousin didnt notice it on the steps of his hse, it may have been stolen

then theres others like Musiciansfriend and stuff like that.. im sure Ugers could provide you with better sites..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by xtopher_aaron
how about trying Zzounds, thats were i got my guitar, perfectly safe, although if my cousin didnt notice it on the steps of his hse, it may have been stolen

then theres others like Musiciansfriend and stuff like that.. im sure Ugers could provide you with better sites..

Im from the UK...plus i dont think zzounds will have an epiphone elitist les paul in anyway
well, I can see why some of the mistakes were made. A lot of the mistakes translate directly into correct German.

Anyway, just call the store and ask them. Thomann are a really big company, they'll be able to explain.
Quote by david_safc
Im from the UK...plus i dont think zzounds will have an epiphone elitist les paul in anyway

im from Malaysia.. plus theres a tonne of sites that may have it..

conclusion, if you really want it, you can get it..

how i got it?

my cousin lives in the US and had it brought down.. my loophole.. now go find yours!!

good luck tho
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
I'd just phone up like you mentioned. The transaction is for over £1,000 so I can understand why they'd want to check things out with ya.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I'd just phone up like you mentioned. The transaction is for over £1,000 so I can understand why they'd want to check things out with ya.

its not, its only £930 lol, but i dont see why they need id.