i am thinking of getting a guitar with a nato back sides and neck.does this wood give a good acoustic tone and would the neck be good or would it bend easy.sorry that i souind noobish i just dont know anything about tonewoods
not gonna lie i've never even heard of nato... i've heard of natto... the slimey bean which is disgusting but ya know, its a little off topic-so i'll keep it to myself.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
nato is the same thing as eastern mahogany. it's a strong wood so it will be fine for a neck.
Quote by jimtaka
nato is the same thing as eastern mahogany. it's a strong wood so it will be fine for a neck.

Right.
And it is used for back and sides mostly as a part of laminates. This will probably be alright, but it will not have much to do with the overall tone of a guitar. Many reasonably priced guitars sport nato backs and sides, while 'nato top' means that a guitar is cheap and probably not particurlarly good.
alright thanks i could tell it was related to mahogany from the grain and color but i wasnt sure if it was an extremely cheap cousin of mahogany