Alright I don't know how many other computer savvy people there are here but I just got a problem that I can't fix. Basically my computer refuses to boot to Windows. Right when it's supposed to go to the log-in screen it very briefly shows a blue screen then it starts the boot up process over again. It just keeps doing this over and over until I shut the damned thing off. I already tried resetting my BIOS and that didn't do jack shit. The only thing I see that I can do right now is just reformat and reinstall Windows. Anyone have any ideas before I do that?
idk, just reinstall
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
I think you can do this, before windows screen pops up, the computer company screen should pop-up, when that comes up press F8(the button on the top of your keyboard), A menu should come up, do start in safe-mode. if that works fine you should be at you desktop with a black background. go to Start(in bottom left hand corner)>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. If that all works fine you can restore your system to an earlier date to when it works, try and see if that works, if it doesn't then i dont know, sorry
[Space Reserved for Future]
Get a Mac.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I'm sure it can be fixed without having to reformat. There's a lot of thing sit could be, i mean, what exactly did you do the night/day before this happened, before you turned your comp off?
take any disk out of the drive.
take any floppy out.
take any storage device out.
cause it may be set to load it first, if it has boot capabilities. which i think youd probably know if you had one of thos ein there, but still, worth a shot that id type it lol.
hmmm
also plugging new things in can cause a lock up at windows boot, when it trys to load it. did you plug in a new mouse, or keyboard, or anything?
i dunno
Quote by Bubban
Get a Mac.

Ha, I'll be damned if I ever get a Mac.

And to MyTar, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary when I shut it down. The boot up order is how it should be.
woooow exact same thing happend to me with my old comp eventually i just tossed it and got a new(worse) one.............so if u find out how to fix it plz tell me

I felt like the only one this has ever happend too,YAY welcome to the club
Quote by punkrocker10115

funny shit

If you have your windows CD you can boot it up and enter the so called "recovery console" and try and do some good there, but I doubt it will work.

This is what you get for using proprietary software you tool. You have no idea what is happening in the machine you spent your money on, and something like this happens, forcing the loss of all your data. Use Linux.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin

This is what you get for using proprietary software you tool. You have no idea what is happening in the machine you spent your money on, and something like this happens, forcing the loss of all your data. Use Linux.

A: Don't be a dick. It's a simple question and doesn't require calling me a tool just because I use Windows instead of Linux or god forbid a Mac.
B: I'm not going to lose all my data since it seems to only be a Windows problem I'm just going to put the hard drive in another machine as a slave and copy the files I need over. Then just reinstall and copy it all back over.
Quote by happytimeharry
A: Don't be a dick. It's a simple question and doesn't require calling me a tool just because I use Windows instead of Linux or god forbid a Mac.
B: I'm not going to lose all my data since it seems to only be a Windows problem I'm just going to put the hard drive in another machine as a slave and copy the files I need over. Then just reinstall and copy it all back over.

that seems like a really good idea, everything i was gonna suggest has been said already, so yeah. and where the hell am i when all these damn clubs are made? (the G4 one and the RvB one)
Quote by llama_guitarist
and where the hell am i when all these damn clubs are made? (the G4 one and the RvB one)

Oh, damn. You didn't get the memo?