I was looking at this pickup: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SP902-Hot-Soapbar-Pickup?sku=300058

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and I was wondering if this would fit in it with no modifications to the wood? I know it's a single coil, but it looks to be the same size as a humbucker. Also, how much is the average cost to have someone put in a pickup?
Last edited by TheAdict310 at Mar 5, 2007,
p 90's are a difernet shape lengthwise and width so no it wouldnt fit. but you can buy a les paul type guitar with p 90's at rondomusic.net for under 150 bucks to try it out. or if you look around a bit you can find single coils to fit in humbucker sized holes. guitarfetish.com has some.
you will also have to change the electronics if you want to put a single coil in your guitar. it will be a unneeded pain in the ass. just buy a new humbucker from seymour duncan or buy a new guitar.
no that pickup is wider than a humbucker so the body would have to be routed.messy business.

look for a P-94 pickup.those are single coil but are designed to fit a humbucker routing.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by customisbetter
p 90's are a difernet shape lengthwise and width so no it wouldnt fit. but you can buy a les paul type guitar with p 90's at rondomusic.net for under 150 bucks to try it out. or if you look around a bit you can find single coils to fit in humbucker sized holes. guitarfetish.com has some.
you will also have to change the electronics if you want to put a single coil in your guitar. it will be a unneeded pain in the ass. just buy a new humbucker from seymour duncan or buy a new guitar.

Ok, thanks, that just saved me a lot of trouble. I'm taking my Les Paul down to Guitar Center this week to get it set up, and I saw where a guitarist I really liked used that pickup, so I thought that while it was down there maybe I could have them install one.