ok well today in spanish class we had to present a poster board with four hobbies on it and describe each of them in spanish plus pics to go along. When i first heard about this i thought about putting a pic of me playing guitar up there as one of the hobbies but then i decided not to because i would feel like a jerk flaunting the fact that i play guitar and plus ive been called a "show off" when i bring it up that i play so i only tell if people ask. Well in my class of 23 kids 2 of them had guitars as one of their hobbies. After class i went to talk to them thinking they were fellow musicians. I found out that BOTH of them didnt even own a guitar but were "thinking of trying it sometime in the future". Then i got one of them to confess to me that he did it because he thought he would get chicks. For some reason that just ticked the hell out of me and i thought i would come rant about it on UG. So does anybody else have any similar stories?
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
Yeah... for most people guitarist is a title to get chicks to date them..

Bass is the way to go!
that type of thing doesnt really seem to happen much in my school.... guitar helps me get no chicks whatsoever... i even have a music myspace with some stuff on it and i'll hear "that was pretty cool version of.... w/e song" or"nice song" but it doesnt help me get girls..... no one really ever brings guitars or anything to my school either seeing as its a pretty small one and guitars aren't in our concert band, so anyone who does play pretty much keeps it to themselves
I know some people that act like guitar is their life, but when I finally see them play, or really get to know them, I find out they its sort of a thing they do for fun on the side. That doesn't really bother me too bad though.

Actually there are a few chicks that play guitar at my school, so that's always cool.

Kind of an opposite situation: I was going on a weekend trip thing to an honor's choir, and I was taking my acoustic with me, so I was taking it to put it in the choir room, and my choir teacher was talking to one of our history teachers/baseball coaches. I asked the coach/teacher to hold my guitar while I put my other stuff up, and he proceeded to idly strum chords while talking to the choir teacher, as many guitarists often do.

I thought that was pretty cool.
Yeah in my general music class we have 3 guitarists, me and this other kid who can talk like musicians and this other kid who cant hold a pick to us. Hes just one of thos kids that plays for popularity but hes like a loser so i guess it didnt work
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Theres this girl in my school named Jericha who I have loathed with an undying fire for about 10 years now. She is a complete attention *****. She claims to skateboard and shit like that. She walked around for a week reading the Marilyn Manson autobiography and obnoxiously shoving it in peoples faces. Shes also one of those people who think theyre really really hardcore because they like a7x and they were the a7x gloves and tshirts and shit all the time. Somehow, however, she manages to be a teachers pet at the same time. All of this has lead her to have NO FRIENDS WHATSOEVER, although she thinks she does.

Anyways, in my spanish class, she said that she goes snowboarding all the time, and that she can do this trick and that trick and such. Then she goes on to say that she wants to play guitar.

My best friend and I were simply horrified at this thought. There is no way in hell she could be a competent musician, shes just too lame. She would give a bad name to musicians everywhere.

We have yet to see if she goes through with her plans.
actually come to think about it i do have one really annoying kid in my school who always wears Fender, Vox Amplification, Marshall Amplification, etc. shirts b/c his dad works at a music store and he doesnt play guitar.... that annoys me when people wear those shirts, i guaruntee they couldnt tell me the difference between a strat and telecaster, the quality of a marshall MG series and a vintage series, or a celluloid pick and a tortex pick
this kid told me he played guitar, and i asked him if he played electric.
"no, i play regular"
not understanding, i asked him what a regular guitar is
"the one with the hole in it"
i asked him if he meant acoustic
"wtf is that?"
Yeah this no kid who doesnt play drums wore a Vaider sticks shirts and pissed my brother off cause hes a drummer. Thats like all those emos wearing the strat shirt, the black one where the neck goes up to the collar
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Quote by otherkid
Yeah this no kid who doesnt play drums wore a Vaider sticks shirts and pissed my brother off cause hes a drummer. Thats like all those emos wearing the strat shirt, the black one where the neck goes up to the collar

Man! I use vater sticks, that is the epitome of lame.

Its not even like you just can buy those shirts in store. You need to like go on the vater website and make an effort to get that.

Gah.
One kid at school has like 6 guitars and he can't even play....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
to bladeslinger i hate ppl who have like wicked nice gear but dont play, like me nd my friend were saying when you start with the best gear you almost bound to suck
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Quote by otherkid
to bladeslinger i hate ppl who have like wicked nice gear but dont play, like me nd my friend were saying when you start with the best gear you almost bound to suck

i started on a squier and a practice amp. i'm gonna be damn good.
haha im not sure if its works both ways lol, i hope so cause i started on a fender acoustic (which is actaully my fav guitar lol) and then a peavey guitar and amp
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism