Can anyone recommend some slapim' popin' solos?
I can't really find too many.
The only one i really know is Out In L.A. by RHCP.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
look into primus
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
look into primus

Yeah i know a few songs by them.

Any that u recommend?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Jaco Pastorius.

Just kidding.

Try a few Fishbone songs. I'm not a real fan, but Bonin' in the Boneyard has a great slap bassline and I assume there are solos somewhere in thier body of work.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Try almost anything by victor wooten.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote:
Originally Posted by skater dan0
look into primus

Yeah i know a few songs by them.

Any that u recommend?

Primus:
Tommy the Cat - great slap line and a few short, but very good, solos
Hamburger train, laquerhead, mrs. Blaileen, Sgt. Baker

Various Claypool solo work:
Filipino Ray, Off-white Guilt, One Better, The Awakening

Also check out Some stuff by Larry Graham (the bassist for Sly and the family stone who invented the slapping and popping style), Marcus Miller, and Stuart Zender (Bassist for Jamiroquai).
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Les playing Master of Puppets and The Awakening are pretty sweet deals. Also look into stuff by Stu Hamm, amazing, undermentioned bassist.
the 1st solo in "coffee shop" by RHCP is awesome, only if you have an envelope filter or wah, but you can do it without if you want
classical thump is one giant solo
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land