I've heard that multi effect sucks all the tones out of tube amps.
Is this true?
And how badly would it decrease the quality of the tube amp if applied with a decent multi-effect such as Boss-ME50
Let me know

Thanks
Tube amps will usually throw a little life into the tone of a multi-fx processor (as opposed to playing it on a solid state).

That being said, the ME50 isn't a good one .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i play my me-50 through a classic 30 and i love how it sounds
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
What's your budget?

I'm partial to the Vox Tonelab SE and the Pod XT Live (and of course the Roland VG88, but that one is a little pricey ).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I play a ME-50 trough an old Fender Bassman 100 tube amp. I love the sound. And you don't have to modify the sound of the tube amp so it won't suck the tone out of the amp. With the ME-50 you can just skip the modelling section and only use it for effects.
I think tonelab. It has a tube in the preamp which is good, and the effects don't sound too digital IMO
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
^ but distortion + compression at the same time arent available. That should be available, so you can get a light crunch tone with sustain.

Taht said, I hear good things about the tonelab.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I used a Pod XT, sounded awesome. I wish I new where to put sound clips. I heard the Zoom G9.2tt is amazing. Atleast it sounds good recorded direct. Look around in here http://www.thestompbox.net/forum/ Those guys post recording from time to time of new stuff

this page had G9.2tt stuff http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?CurrentPage=2&bandID=436524
Last edited by iluvmyprs89 at Mar 6, 2007,