Calling out to the Americans in the pit.

I'm 18 and not registered to vote. When i was in high school they handed out registration cards in all senior elective classes. Since i would be out of state at college at election time, I wouldn't be able to vote. So i didn't register. Now that i'm back home (and intending to stay here) how do i go about registering? Thanks in advance.

~Dan
I'm pretty sure if you went down to a party headquarters, they would be more than willing to walk you through the process.
go to town hall
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
town hall
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
i think it varies from state to state.

in many states, you can go to the DMV and register, even at the same time as renewing your driver's licence.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yeah, town hall/DMV. And you can still vote while out of state, just have them give you an absentee ballot.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
dont vote its pointless all teh tiem its the electoral colleges vote not yours popular vote is a joke its all abotu being in teh state if you live there more therell be more reps so dont vote youll waste your time
ya man be a rebel register than spoil your ballot dude that would be rad like righteous ya
Quote by gdownsyou13
dont vote its pointless all teh tiem its the electoral colleges vote not yours popular vote is a joke its all abotu being in teh state if you live there more therell be more reps so dont vote youll waste your time

You realize you don't just vote for presidents right? My state recently voted on making Gay Marriage illegal, along with tax laws, etc. And also, state assemblies have to take into consideration the votes of the people, they can't go about their own will.

Every state counts, look at Florida.
Get off my lawn.
Yeah, like everyone else said, local court house (town hall), DMV, and even some post offices. You should have registered even when you were going to move because of absentee ballots. And for everyone saying it's stupid to vote, think about city laws and elections all the way to the presidential election. There's so many things to vote on.

And to understand the Electoral College, people do need to look it up. Basically they go by the majority in that state. Those electoral votes are what the people in the electoral college use. Basically they promise that they will vote the way the people in the state vote. In the beginning it was actually quite useful because many people didn't understand all the issues and the general public wasn't smart enough to vote (in rough terms, I don't want to go to deep into it). Now of course with the advances in technology and communication, everyone has the chance to understand the issues at hand and who the candidates are. It's getting to the point where the popular vote should just be considered because it's not like 200 years ago. It's definately not the same country.