Marshall Trouble..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was recently thinking about buying a new amp, Im pretty much set on a Marshall, But im open to suggestion. I play Avenged Sevenfold, Children of Bodom, Stevie Ray Vaughn, A little blues, but mainly thrash pantera harcore metal shit. But yeah I was thinking either a Jcm 2000, or 900 but the 800 is only one channel, and a cab i need also, a 4x12 slant would be nice, either a marshall or a vox with vintage 30's four to be exact is what i want, I have a powerblock by crate I dont like it at all but my cabs I recived used for free and their shit, so I dont know if its just the cabs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Schecter Synyster Gates Custom
Marshall amp, crate powerblock, 2 peavy cabs
( W/ Vintage 30's)

VOX wah, Ibanez flanger,
Danelectro echo, R.a.t. Distortion,
Monster cable.
If you play pantera and children of bodom. No marshall will provide the amount of gain and saturation you're looking for. Look at the marshall mode four for the over the top stuff. Other wise, you should try a Boogie Dual Rec or a Peavey 6505 +. those amps are what your after.
I play metal and mostly only metal and I personally was not satisfied with the "metal" sound of the JCM2000...if I were you, I'd look into more amps before you buy them, check out some Peavey 6505s if you set on buying a new amp, if not, 5150s. Rectifiers are also good, but maybe cost too much depend on how much you want to spend.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
umm idk, im into hardcore like pantera their metal, the heaviest things i listen to are slayer and children of bodom. and as I lay dying, so what do you think would suit me?
Gear...

( W/ Vintage 30's)

VOX wah, Ibanez flanger,
Monster cable.
A used 5150 will be your best bet, you can pick one up for about $500 and it's all the gain you'll ever need. But, check out Mesa Dual Rectifiers, they're really good as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
krank
or possibly a ss head with TONS of headroom

edit^
probly wasnt alexi youre talking about, he uses an emg hz with a gain boost built into the guitar, some preamp and i believe a vht 100 watt power amp
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
yeah a jackson vht 100 power amp, so a 5150, any cleans?
Gear...

( W/ Vintage 30's)

VOX wah, Ibanez flanger,
Monster cable.
My 5150 doesn't sound too bad clean, I don't know what you preference is on them though, a lot of people will tell you its cleans aren't very good but they're fine for me. If you want better cleans, try to find a 5150 II, they have better cleans, it's the same as the 6505+. You can also always add better tubes that will make the clean channel sound better as well, or get it modded, which all of that will cost less than a new JCM2000 or Dual Rectifier.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
mesa triple or dual rectifier
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
i want alot of dark gain and cleans are an option peavy 5150 1 or 2
Gear...

( W/ Vintage 30's)

VOX wah, Ibanez flanger,
Monster cable.
Just an FYI, you might wanna post this in the gear and accessories section. This thread will most likely get moved or locked, but you'll erk the mods...DO fear the mods! .
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R