I was wondering what I should get a Boss metal zone or a dod death metal distortion. I play death metal. Thanks
I'm going to give you a piece of advice that I want you to carry with you for the rest of your life:

Just because it says "metal", does not mean that it will give you a metal tone.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
A lot of people will tell you the metal zone sucks, but I have one, and how I have it set, it sounds pretty good. However, notes aren't as clear with it as I'd like, which is why I now have a tube amp, but it's a good pedal imo...

I've tried the Death Metal pedal, the metal zone is the better of the two. I've heard good things about the Line 6 Uber Metal though, but I dunno, never tried one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
metal muff.
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
dont get the death metal. for sure. it blows. honestly, i dont like the boss. i had it, didnt like it. i now have the metal master pedal, and LOVE IT.
Boss and Digitech distortions arent very great for death metal

I myself just bought a metal muff with Top Boost and its great with all my deathmetal and deathcore songs. Another thing you can try is the Electro Harmonix Silver dragon or something like that.
I actually liked the Metal Master when I had it. If you can deal with a little hissing in your amp from all the gain you can get some great sounds out of it. I also had the Black 13....This thing is quite a little badass. But it is a unique sound that is only for some people. The guy at the store where I sold it was a huge Anthrax fan and loved it. He is also a semi-pro musician. He said it sounds amazing but its real limited in who it would appeal to. Plus the 6th setting is all but usless.

I wasnt a fan of the Boss pedals. I think you should look around at Electro-harmonix and stuff like that. I happen to use a vox pedal that has a tube built in. It runs cold so there is no warming up, but it still clips like a normal tube. Its also a little badass pedal and they make a few different ones in the same line. They are called Vox Cooltron. Also I hear great things about the Coffin Case Blood Drive. I dont happen to like The Krank Distortus Maximus but you could look at that too. There is a lot more out there than Boss and Digitech. But the Metal Master and the Black 13 were both real good, solid pedals i my opinion.
if you're gonna rely on the stomp box distortion for some time, get a sturdy, good sounding one. I recommend the Tech21 Sansamp GT2 or MI audio TubeZone. Yes they're a little pricier than your average boss or run of the mill stompboxes but they provide quality tone.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
The Metal Muff is awesome. I have also heard good things the Line 6 Uber Metal(or w/e it is called)
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
everyone says bad things about the mt-2 but it really isnt that bad once you get the right setting, as long as you dont turn everything up its ok
Nothing makes you feel more alive than flinching when your toast is ready.
I didn't like the Death Metal pedal when I tried it out but I didn't spend that long tweaking to be honest.

I got a great death metal tone from a Metal Zone, but I never tried it loud - just at bedroom levels. But it did sound very good at that level.

I will get to try one at rehearsal volumes very soon.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Tech 21 Sansamp GT-2..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

ye should check out the line 6 uber metal, i have one and u can get a much larger range of tones from it then say the metal zone, its a lil more expensive but definately worth it
MY GEAR

ESP LTD EX-50
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Leem Footswitch