yes
28 28%
no
43 43%
no, but it's dying
29 29%
Voters: 100.
Page 1 of 4
is punk dead? answer in the poll and explain your answer in a post.

i got this idea from the arguing in the thread about rise against's new guitarist.
PLEASE! no flaming because you disagree with someone.
Last edited by spazzymagee417 at Mar 5, 2007,
real punk? i think only in garage bands and underground bands does it still truly exist. otherwise not really.
hopefully......the world could get along just fine with like a total of 5 punk bands....anything after that is repeating
"I count the days to find, what was left behind. All of these names I clutch, will lead me to my home. Mothers and fathers start, to drown the living proof.....I cant remember these Lakes of Blood." - Cedric Bixler-Zavala
Yeah underground bands and garge bands are for sure keeping it alive, but then there's all the hyped up pop-punk and emo punk bands, they are killing it. So it's dying yes.
i don't think that a music can die. if by 'dead' you mean 'unpopular', then probably. but punk can't be 'dead'.
Cream Schecter Ultra III
Black Epi Les Paul Studio
Hohner Red SG (yeah weird)
Breedlove Dreadnought acoustic
An old fender (unknown model)
A frankenstein strat (unknown model)
15w Vox Pathfinder
120w Crate Flexwave
Yeah it is. We may as well not even have this forum. It's redundant.
Quote by jackson action
i hope its dead because punk is a disgrace to rock in my opinion.

Which genres have you blessed with your approval? Oh Elitist God of Music.
Edit: I forgot to say **** off
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by MoBscene
Clit 45 the black outs the rippers the explotied no ****ing way man!

Those bands really really suck.
Quote by jackson action
i hope its dead because punk is a disgrace to rock in my opinion.

Favourite groups:
godsmack,Pantera

LOL!
this thread is why punk is dead...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Punk is alive but it could die if no newer bands like anti-flag for instance don't keep emerging and, if pop-punk bands continue to ruin the scene.

but I dont think it can die and if it did the works of alot of bands mainly the ramones and the sex pistols work would have ben in vain
We should call it the genre formerly known as punk
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Sk8_4_liberty93
Punk is alive but it could die if no newer bands like anti-flag for instance don't keep emerging and, if pop-punk bands continue to ruin the scene.

Anti-Flag kills punk.
Quote by yeahyeah

it will be a sign...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Quote by yeahyeah

lol. We should just think of a really elaborate symbol, and all our guitars can be shaped like it.
^eh...if ya think so...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by spazzymagee417
just their new album. their older stuff is 1000% punk.

It could be 100000000% punk, but it still kills punk.
chuck norris killed punk, cause he is the only human being that can actually kill a genre...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
chuck norris killed punk, cause he is the only human being that can actually kill a genre...

He can try all he wants, but Henry Rollins will always be able to kick his ass.
Quote by sargasm

Henry Rollins' neck can be our symbol
Quote by CowsWithGuns
yes...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

It's dying. Kids are showing up to shows drunk and high, only to get more and more of either, punks are getting all elitist and shit, nobody wants to help eachother anymore.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
who actually thought this thread would work, i don't get it...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Punk's not "dead", but if you mean there's no scene like there was in LA or New York or London, then you'd be right. But that's natural for music. Emo and Pop-punk don't kill punk because they don't take anything away from it, just infuse MTV with a lot of crap. It's like saying a retard in a science lab kills the potential for that lab. Yeah thats my analogy
Quote by sargasm

All hail Henry Rollins, protector of punk!
But seriously, punk isn't dead. It's just more of an underground genre. And all you kids who say it all sounds the same or that it's a disgrace to rock are just ignorant. And I HATE ignorant people...
i dont think its dying, as its been said, underground and garage bands been keeping it alive i guess. but the thing is punk isnt just a music, or a unifying thrive for punks to be against what is norm, and what is considered socially acceptable.

so basically, if Star Wars is Mainstream and huge (which it isnt, its still in the grey area of mega popular with alot of people and not really known.) then Star Wars isn't punk.

But if Star Wars is totallylhated and its considered a social sin (akin to necrophilia in todays culture, not including black/death metalists) then star wars is punk.

get it?

( i picked star wars cause it was the first thing i saw on my desk....)
Quote by neidnarb11890
All hail Henry Rollins, protector of punk!
But seriously, punk isn't dead. It's just more of an underground genre. And all you kids who say it all sounds the same or that it's a disgrace to rock are just ignorant. And I HATE ignorant people...

Yes that's right, punk is dead,
It's just another cheap product for the consumers head.
Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors,
Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters.
CBS promote the Clash,
But it ain't for revolution, it's just for cash.
Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be
And it ain't got a thing to do with you or me.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by Siftings
Punk's not "dead", but if you mean there's no scene like there was in LA or New York or London, then you'd be right. But that's natural for music. Emo and Pop-punk don't kill punk because they don't take anything away from it, just infuse MTV with a lot of crap. It's like saying a retard in a science lab kills the potential for that lab. Yeah thats my analogy

There are still huge scenes in LA, New York and London, and all over the world for that matter.
it seems like punk is dead in my city, there's only one place that really had punk bands on and they hardly have ANY type of bands playing no more it really sucks 'cause that place seemed like it was the central place of the whole punk scene in Bradford (or maybe i'm being naive and ignorant there)
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by mike2
Yes that's right, punk is dead,
It's just another cheap product for the consumers head.
Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors,
Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters.
CBS promote the Clash,
But it ain't for revolution, it's just for cash.
Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be
And it ain't got a thing to do with you or me.

Too obvious.
Quote by 吉他手成年
It all depends on what you think 'punk' music is

Not really. There's punk music all over the place regardless of your definition thereof.
Page 1 of 4