I have $300 to drop, which should I look for and where?

I'm more into rock/metal
if u want a pretty lud amp try a hughes and kettner edition blue 60 watt. it was the loudest amp i could find 4 $200. and 4 a guitar, go look in a pawn shop

80th best UGer
The only thing i'm scared of at a pawn shop is getting a lemon.
Quote by Sk8_4_liberty93
A Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack its 299.99 and, marshalls are always really good.

No. No no no.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Quote by Sk8_4_liberty93
A Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack its 299.99 and, marshalls are always really good.

Let's not go there. Marshall MG's aren't much cop.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
wait do you have 300 for a guitar AND amp? or 300 for each?
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
I think in that case your best bet is some kind of starter pack.

But that's outside my area of expertise.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Vox30 and a Squier 51

done
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
Quote by Sk8_4_liberty93

Marshall's are not always good, believe it or not, they will do anything to sell their name.

MG series is like owning a 4 cylinder mustang. Why the hell would you do it? [you wouldn't] and it doesn't make any sense that Marshall even considered manufacturing them unless they were out for the ignorant penny.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
I've been advising people to buy the Squier 51, but sadly they have been discontinued. Its possible to find one but for the $100 price tag that they were selling for, probably not.

Check out the Squier and Ibanez starter packs.

rondomusic.net is GREAT.

Vox and Roland Amps.

Here's a couple of Ibanez Packages, they look good and have good ratings but I haven't tried them.

Ibanez IJX40 Electric Guitar Jumpstart Package: $249.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG7321-7String-Electric-Guitar?sku=518876

The Link is to the above mentioned starter pack, it is NOT a RG7321 7 String as stated in the link itself.

Ibanez IJX121 Metal Guitar Jumpstart Package: $299.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJX121Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package?sku=518877
I got the Squire Strat Pack and frankly the Frontman amp is a POS. I would avoid that kit if I were you. I traded in my amp 3 days later for a 75 watt Peavey.
Quote by Sk8_4_liberty93

sigh
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
hey! i have a 4 cylinder mustang! and its not that great... but starter packs are good. like a cheap ibanez. not squier, the frontman is a horrible amp

80th best UGer
Quote by Sk8_4_liberty93

good god no.

I'd say yamaha pacifica 112 and roland microcube, assuming it's solely for practice at the moment.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?