Right, I've been in love with strats forever, but I wanted one that was diffrent. So after much deliberation I've decided to build a warmoth strat.

Parts list and prices:

Body: Warmoth strat body, black cherry burstn alder, 425 usd. Routed HSS, For FR tremolo.

Neck: Warmoth Pro, maple, 157 USD, Clapton Profile, 35 USD, Nut cut out for FR locking Nut 45 USD (1 11/16 wide nut, 10' through 16 compund radius)

Bridge: Origional Floyd Rose, Chrome, 170 USD

Nut: FR locking,1 11/16

Wiring, Pickguard, Etc: GFS black 3-ply, Superstrat wiring kit, 33 usd

Pickups:

Neck: GFS 5.25 K Bouticqe strat 18 USD

Middle: GFS 5.25 K Bouticqe strat 18 USD

Bridge: GFS little killer strat sized humbucker, modern 10K, 25 USD

Total Price: 926 USD

I've got saved: 63.50 (Im planning on starting a savings account for this project)

Offer opinions nad susjesitions please.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Like the clapton neck profile
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

To have the output match better, buy a middle and a bridge single coils, and put them in the neck and middle, respectively.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
To Will: If I don't, would there be some drop in volume if/when I switched from pickup to pickup?

You're investing a ton of scratch on the expensive Warmoth stuff but you're using GFS PUs? I'd recommend looking for a better balance, as in, not as expensive body and neck + kickass PUs. For the Warmoth prices you quoted, I've seen MIA and MIJ bodies and necks in very clean condition sell for less. Just my 2 cents.

Quote by Ippon
You're investing a ton of scratch on the expensive Warmoth stuff but you're using GFS PUs? I'd recommend looking for a better balance, as in, not as expensive body and neck + kickass PUs. For the Warmoth prices you quoted, I've seen MIA and MIJ bodies and necks in very clean condition sell for less. Just my 2 cents.

The pickups are not permenet, just temparary untill I can get back to scratch to buy better ones. And as for the price o the body I have a few things.

1: I dig the color of the body, alot.
2: Can't but from ebay.
3: Its easier to buy the warmoth clapton neck with the space for the FR nut already cut from warmoth, and cheaper actually.

Check out Musikraft, they also offer FR-ready bodies and necks for a little cheaper and outstanding quality. The $425 Warmoth body is kinda stiff ... that's a brand new MIM Strat right there. But if you're intent on getting a Warmoth, it's your $$$. Good Luck!

BTW, SRV would probably not approve the specs you have there.

Quote by Ippon
Check out Musikraft, they also offer FR-ready bodies and necks for a little cheaper and outstanding quality. The $425 Warmoth body is kinda stiff ... that's a brand new MIM Strat right there. But if you're intent on getting a Warmoth, it's your $$$. Good Luck!

BTW, SRV would probably not approve the specs you have there.

My carvin handles the blues, but its not as punk or metal ready.. and I wnat a FR so I cna play more songs in the Vai and statch styles.

Srry for the Dbl. Post (Edit hates me)

This is the reason for me wanting to get the warmoth body:

Damn sexy.

you should just get the body unpainted and paint it yourself, it will save you about $200

you should also use a non-original floyd rose to save money, you could save $100 by getting a used jackson one off ebay or something, which is just as good.

but yea, funny that i want to make a strat just like this, but i only have about $500 to spend and im trying to figure out how to do it
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
Quote by franc0ph0bic
you should just get the body unpainted and paint it yourself, it will save you about $200

you should also use a non-original floyd rose to save money, you could save $100 by getting a used jackson one off ebay or something, which is just as good.

but yea, funny that i want to make a strat just like this, but i only have about $500 to spend and im trying to figure out how to do it

I dont think a Jackson Floyd Rose is as good as an OFR. Plus aren't the dimensions different?
Quote by zekk
Srry for the Dbl. Post (Edit hates me)

This is the reason for me wanting to get the warmoth body:

Damn sexy.

That top isn't very well bookmatched, but the color is very nice.

Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out, I've wanted to build a strat for awhile.
I got an unfinished Warmoth Strat body last week. It was a lovely Mahogany with flame Koa. On first glance, all was well, but after a good look, the top was unfinishable in clear. In 2 places, a chunk had come out when they were routing the edges. They had patched it, but a crack had been filled with glue and the patch they used was not Koa. As a result, when they sanded, a depression was left at the patch along the upper edge. I priced returning it to Warmoth, but the cost was almost 50% of the value of the body, and I would have to pay it (international is why it was so expensive).

I attempted to recountour in the area of the patch, but it just would not sand the same as the surrounding wood, and a scraper was out of the question due to the location of the patch and the curvature around it. I just ended up painting the whole thing black with PPG Concept catalyzed urethane - a bloody expensive basic black Strat. The routing was also very, very poor, with router fuzz everywhere. I wasn't impressed by the overall quality.
Quote by Vulcan
I got an unfinished Warmoth Strat body last week. It was a lovely Mahogany with flame Koa. On first glance, all was well, but after a good look, the top was unfinishable in clear. In 2 places, a chunk had come out when they were routing the edges. They had patched it, but a crack had been filled with glue and the patch they used was not Koa. As a result, when they sanded, a depression was left at the patch along the upper edge. I priced returning it to Warmoth, but the cost was almost 50% of the value of the body, and I would have to pay it (international is why it was so expensive).

I attempted to recountour in the area of the patch, but it just would not sand the same as the surrounding wood, and a scraper was out of the question due to the location of the patch and the curvature around it. I just ended up painting the whole thing black with PPG Concept catalyzed urethane - a bloody expensive basic black Strat. The routing was also very, very poor, with router fuzz everywhere. I wasn't impressed by the overall quality.

I read something similar in Harmony Central's forum a while back except it was an Alder with Maple top combo. Initially I thought he was being a hater because most of the Warmoth reviews about quality have been excellent. It's really strange that they wouldn't resolve this type of issue given the reputation that they've built around their products. Maybe 1 dud gets out every 1000 or 10000 shipment?

zekk, there was a bass build a while back where the modder used a Squier platform. He also used a Maple veneer and it ended up looking sexalicious.
I have purchased from them before and had no hesitation doing so again. Perhaps the problems were due to this one being from their "showcase" section? Factory seconds maybe? Also, Mahogany does tend to fuzz when routed, but a sharp bit usually takes care of that.
I wouldn't be able to do the finishing. There is nowhere where I live that I'd be able to do it, plus theres no hardware stores for 100 odd miles.

You are getting a body with HSS configuration and you are getting three single coil sized pick ups? Laaaame
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Muppet
You are getting a body with HSS configuration and you are getting three single coil sized pick ups? Laaaame

Maybe if you could actually read you wouldn't come off as such a dumbass. The pickguard I am buying only comes in a SSS rout, and I dig singles.

Quote by zekk
To Will: If I don't, would there be some drop in volume if/when I switched from pickup to pickup?

There would be a volume drop if you have pickups with the same output. This is because the vibrations are stronger at the neck pickup than at the middle or bridge pickup. As you have it now, the output differene is very dramatic from the middle to bridge, so you'll want to try to keep all the outputs relativly the same.

Also, your current plan has two singles of the same polarity, which will result in hum when the two are selected. You'll want one that's RWRP so you can cancel the hum.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Actually, I has to lazy to type this, the current middle is RW....