Why does everyone need to type *Reported* whenever they report someone? Why don't people just report them and not encourage them by replying in the thread. And even if they do feel the need to reply just say I'm reporting this, or This has been reported.

No offense meant towards the people who use *reported* but just try to keep that in mind when you're thinking of using it.

Also, does saying *Reported* make you exempt from the warning that are sent for "replying to spam." (The reason for which I was banned.)
It's a waste of time saying reported. It's just a bit of an ego-booster for some people around here.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I say *reported* to make people think about the thread's "value" and that they shouldn't post more in the thread if they consider it to be spam.

You don't get warned for saying reported because you're just reporting it, instead of actually replying (like several times) with stupid comments.

Oh wait, I found the paragraph in the announcement thread:

"REPORTED THREADS / POSTS If you see that a thread has been reported, don't post in the thread. There is a 2 minute window in which we will give you to report a thread after it has already been reported. Otherwise, we will consider it a contribution to spam and will be warned. If you see a thread that it obviously going to be closed / deleted, either post *REPORTED* and actually report the thread, or just walk away from it. "
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
cus alot of ppl are little 10-15 years olds and tattle tale, ahaha
Notification, I assume. I use *Reported* to inform others that... well... I've reported the said post.
It's to alert the other readers of the thread that the necessary action has been taken to notify the mods. Da Rulez say that you're not supposed to post after its been reported.
They do it to show that the post has been reported. Mods don't like it when a thread is reported multiple times. It also shows people to not post.
I think it says in the rules that you have to write reported if you report it. And as long as you don't spam in that post, and it is the first report/ within 2 minutes of the first, you don't get warned... if you got warned for reporting, what would the point be?

And:

Quote by speedygonzales

No offense meant towards the people who use *reported* but just try to keep that in mind when you're thinking of using it.

Who the hell do you think you are I don't see many people liking how pretentious and patronising your post is.
Quote by saxaxe
It's to alert the other readers of the thread that the necessary action has been taken to notify the mods. Da Rulez say that you're not supposed to post after its been reported.

yup. but there certainly are 14 year old kids just wanting to be recognized.

(sorry to pick on 14, it just popped into my head.)
Quote by Muphin
It's a waste of time saying reported. It's just a bit of an ego-booster for some people around here.

Yeah...I mean, it's your duty son!
Last edited by Siftings at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by Muphin

or its part of the rules of reporting to do so.

*edit - wow, could that sound any lamer?
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
Thanks for the information guys. I didn't see the paragraph that Kensai showed me. I guess that clears it up for me.
Cause it makes them feel cool, pretending that they're an admin or mod, looking down upon the unworthy normal people who actually laugh at something thats against the rules, but funny. Or they'd rather be egotistical freaks and say reported, rather than being kind and telling them that they've done something wrong.
i was wondering how does some1 go about reporting a thread? do you pm a mod about it? or what
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Why does everyone feel the need to use asterisks though? Isn't
Reported
enough? It's always bugged me...
A/S/L?
Quote by Shredder6
i was wondering how does some1 go about reporting a thread? do you pm a mod about it? or what

see the little thing next to the online sign in the bottom left corner in someone's post? That's the ticket
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
yeah i think its retarded when people do that
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
i don't even bother reporting people...i'll leave it to the people who give a shit...
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?