Poll Options
View poll results: altima or mustang
altima
41 41%
mustang
58 59%
Voters: 99.
Page 1 of 2
if you were in my position and got to choose your first car and had it down to a nissan altima and a ford mustang, what would you do? ive been thinking about it at lot the last day or so and i almos think that it would be a lot better of a choice to get the altima.

for starters, its a lot nicer of a car for the money than a mustang. with the mustang you are paying for the body style and a supposed sports car. a nissan altima would last a lot longer, be more reliable, and its really nice compared to a mustang. here are a couple pics to help YOU help ME. it basically comes down to would i want a car that has a cool body style and can go faster, or a nicer newer reliable altima...

the altima

and its interior

and then the mustang

mustang interior
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
That altima looks pretty nice.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by AthenasGhost
That altima looks pretty nice.

thats what im thinking, i think that i would be happier with a car that is newer, nicer, and more reliable even if it doesnt look as cool on the outside.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
people who voted for the mustang, would you mind explaining yourselves?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
I would seriously tear some shit up in that Mustang........
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
2x^if you don't want the mustang, then a) why are you asking, and b) just go ahead and choose the altima, man. everyone is right, the insurance will be less, it will last longer, better interior, among many other things. Just make the mature decision and think about the future, instead of the now.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
i voted for the mustang. for a couple reasons. well, not really, i just like mustangs.

get the altima.

*unless you don't pay for insurance or gas....then get the 'stang.
Since it's your first car, I'm guessing your in high school?

Nuff said, get the stang.

Plus they're fast as shit. And that always helps.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
altima

don't be a dumbass. get the mustang and you'll crash it in 3 weeks.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
altima

don't be a dumbass. get the mustang and you'll crash it in 3 weeks.

Not unless you have mad skills.

Otherwise you'll be like my friend that flipped hers into a ditch.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
mustangs are nice cars, but the altima is probably more versatile and an all around better car for the money i guess
if your getting an altima wait til spring(?) for the new model to come out =P the new model looks just like a G35

edit: from the two cars i would pick the altima only because the interior is hecka lot better than the mustangs
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Last edited by Phax at Mar 5, 2007,
Just by reading your description it looks like you've already picked the Altima.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Do you get alot of snow and/or ice on the roads where you live? If so, the Mustang if a definite NO-NO! Rear wheel drive = teh sucks for winter driving. You will get pwned! If winter weather isn't a problem, then PERSONALLY I'd got with the mustang - but then again that's because I fricking love mustangs. I would be driving one if I didn't live in Michigan

Edit: of course the Mustang I was offered was a mid 90's model ... not as nice as the one you are looking at.
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Last edited by pyrochris at Mar 5, 2007,
The dash in the Altima looks very pox
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by GNiCk89
Not unless you have mad skills.

Otherwise you'll be like my friend that flipped hers into a ditch.

yeah. it's his first car.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by Phax
if your getting an altima wait til spring(?) for the new model to come out =P the new model looks just like a G35

edit: from the two cars i would pick the altima only because the interior is hecka lot better than the mustangs

lol im not getting a new car. and i asked because im not sure yet. dont get me wrong, the mustang is badass. im just thinking that i would enjoy a really nice interior and good quality as opposed to having a car based just on the looks of the exterior. and ya its my first car, im a sophmore in high school
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Normally I would say mustang, but since the one you are looking at obviously doesn't have the V8 in it, I would go for the Altima. It is newer, probably gets better MPG (Most likely), and insurance won't be a bitch.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Disasterpiece08
Screw interior looks..

Yeah...because its only the place where you have to sit when you drive the car...
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
The Altima will be a much better car all-around...especially for younger drivers. Better gas mileage, resale value, reliability, etc. That generation of mustang is highly over-rated.
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
Yeah...because its only the place where you have to sit when you drive the car...

hahaha ya. i love the interior on the altima, looks really new. the interior on the mustang was pretty accurately said in the consumer report book i have for used cars for 2006, it says the mustangs interior is "a pathetic exucse for an interior" or something along those lines
Lunatics on pogo sticks
^^^ Well the interior is very important if you are going to use it as a make out vehicle .

And as I said, slippery conditions will not pwn the Altima as easily as they will pwn a Mustang. And like some other people said, you'd be less likely to pwn the Altima in general.

I just like Mustangs because I take the Dirty Harry (or more accurately, Sledge Hammer) approach to life! (BTW, does anyone else know Sledge Hammer? If not, great show!)

I will say that the Altima is a more practical car...And as a practical person, I'm still deciding which poll option I should choose!

Edit: I guess I'll say Altima cause it's a more comfortable car BY FAR.
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Quote by pyrochris
^^^ Well the interior is very important if you are going to use it as a make out vehicle .

And as I said, slippery conditions will not pwn the Altima as easily as they will pwn a Mustang. And like some other people said, you'd be less likely to pwn the Altima in general.

I just like Mustangs because I take the Dirty Harry (or more accurately, Sledge Hammer) approach to life! (BTW, does anyone else know Sledge Hammer? If not, great show!)

I will say that the Altima is a more practical car...And as a practical person, I'm still deciding which poll option I should choose!

Edit: I guess I'll say Altima cause it's a more comfortable car BY FAR.

well i live in oklahoma, where its always windy, snowy, rainy, etc. so i need a car that can hold up to that, and i heard mustangs suck in the snow or when its wet
Lunatics on pogo sticks
^^Basically every rear wheel drive car is not good for slippery conditions. You want the weight of the engine over the driving tires for traction. Rain brings up the oil from the surface of the road. How slippery it will be depends on how long since it last rained enough to wash the oil away.

Snow is typically much worse than rain (except in extreme cases like rain after a drought). And Ice is much worse than snow - not only is it much more difficult to control/stop your vehicle, ice can be harder to spot on the road.

At my house we have my Grandmother's '79 grand prix (RWD), and it's utterly useless in the winter. Maybe if you loaded the back with sandbags (along with buying the best snow tire you can) you could manage - but it wouldn't be pretty! We had to put rugs under the tires just to get it from our driveway into the garage.

By the way, are you a new driver? Make sure you have somebody teach you how to drive in winter weather.
Quote by BearWithAGun
This is like the fourth thread you have made asking people what car you should get......if you can't decide for yourself, then you probably aren't mature enough to own a car in the first place. Someone had to say it.
Get the 'stang. They kick ass and they're a decent car made by Ford believe it or not. Isunance'll cost ya but if you can afford it I'd go for it.
lulz
only thing i can say in the 'stang's defense is that if it breaks down and you need to replace a part, it will cost a lot less because it's made in america and there is no import tax on the part...

my uncle used to drive an old celica...alternator (sp?) went up in it...paid 120 for a new one...

after that he had his parents' '71 chevy impala station wagon...alternator (again, sp?) went up in that too and he only paid like 25 bucks for it

altima is what i'd say for you considering you're young and can't afford a lot of the maintenance for the mustang
<davey> it's hard to fake an orgasm when you're supposed to come in her mouth

[19:43] <Horrid> oh i see a juggalo and a faggot sympathizer
[19:43] <Horrid> fuckin america
Come on, the Mustang is way cooler. The Altima is more practical ... what are you, 30? Who gives a ****. You want practical, go buy a Mercedes Smart Car.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
i like mustangs, so i would get it instead of the Altima. im not an Altima fan.

i actually own a Nissan NX2000, and i really like it.

it has 131,000 miles on it, and it still runs perfectly fine.

the handling is excellent too.
Screw the mustang.....86 camaro z28.
Quote by FeatherBreeze
schecter4183 after that comment you are my hero, lol
you opened up a new world of insulting people for me
Quote by sTx
You, sir, are sex.
Quote by Alix_D
But how did you know it was virgin ass? Did you ask the ass?
mustang you idot. never go for a riceburner over a muscle... thats a big no-no.
think how cool it will be to say to your friends
"i have a mustang"
then think "i have a nissan.............."
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
the mustang, but not that model - an older one
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Are mommy and daddy buying you this car?

The Altima is probably the better choice in most aspects, but after having driven my sisters Mustang, I've gotta admit they are a lot of fun.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

mustang man, dont be old when your young.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Considerig 90% of american cars struggle to turn 90degree corners past .2mph, get the altima.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Page 1 of 2