hi,
i am currently looking into getting a new amp. i need one that can be heard along with my 2 guitarists (some crate combo 2x12 with i think 165w, and a line 6 half stack not sure what kind but it has like 400 preset things and its gay.)and a drummer. i was looking at the Ampeg BA115 and the Ampeg Ba115T will i be able to be heard at a show with at max 250 ish? and what kind of difference does the tube make?any suggestions? we play funk, rock, metal, jam, and a little metalcore. i just need to be heard and kinda keep it under $500

thanks
the crate is a 100 watter (rhythm in my band has one) if it's the one i'm thinking of and i can get over the top of him and the lead (fender 100w halfstack) with a warwick sweet 15 - very nice tone and 150watts.

what i love about the wawrick is the tones and the weight of it, so that's what i'd reccomend
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by Hiptser
hi,
i am currently looking into getting a new amp. i need one that can be heard along with my 2 guitarists (some crate combo 2x12 with i think 165w, and a line 6 half stack not sure what kind but it has like 400 preset things and its gay.)and a drummer. i was looking at the Ampeg BA115 and the Ampeg Ba115T will i be able to be heard at a show with at max 250 ish? and what kind of difference does the tube make?any suggestions? we play funk, rock, metal, jam, and a little metalcore. i just need to be heard and kinda keep it under $500

thanks

Your band covers all those genres? Which one do you guys do well?

Anyways, if it's a really small venue, then you may not have a PA, so those Ampeg combos would probably not cut it over a loud band, seeing as they're only 100W.

But if you do have a PA, then 100W should be ok. The best choice would probably be the Ashdown Mag C210:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-C210T300-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485033

307W and 2x10" speakers. Plenty of punch and lots of power. That should last you a long time.
the places ill mostly play are at my school and at a local club thing im pretty sure both have PAs but im not sure if my school uses it for anything but vocals. we do all those genres prety well. we all like some different music and couldnt decide on one sound so we decided to do different things here and there. the jams we do are rock jams tho not any Grateful Dead or anything. so the ashdown is a better choice? i thought the back of his amp said 165w but o well. they never really go over 7
Quote by Hiptser
the places ill mostly play are at my school and at a local club thing im pretty sure both have PAs but im not sure if my school uses it for anything but vocals. we do all those genres prety well. we all like some different music and couldnt decide on one sound so we decided to do different things here and there. the jams we do are rock jams tho not any Grateful Dead or anything. so the ashdown is a better choice? i thought the back of his amp said 165w but o well. they never really go over 7

What do you mean "They never really go over 7?"

Anyways, on Musician's Friend it says 100W.

The Ashdown is better, even if the Ampeg is 165W or whatever. I don't personally own it, but I've read many reviews, and many members of the Bass Forum will attest for their greatness.
Quote by Charlatan_001
What do you mean "They never really go over 7?"

I think he meant they never go over 7 on the "Msater Volume" knob.
yes thats what i meant sorry. i talked to my guitarists, the Crate is 120W and the line 6 is 150W. is the ashdown 300W? or am i reading it wrong. also any recomendations on getting and eq pedal, do i need one? i saw one that had three different channels and thought it would be useful cuz i play a lot of different music it was 210$ thats all i remember, and it wasnt the tonebone.
The Ashdown is 307W, yes. Jeez.

EDIT: An EQ pedal isn't totally necessary, unless you're a huge micro-adjustment freak. I also think you're talking about the SansAmp Programmable Bass Driver DI. It's not really an EQ pedal, but it's good.
yes i am my bad, and why the jeez? i wasnt sure cuz it said rms after it and didnt kno if it was sumthing diff.